Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thanks A Melon!

How sweet it is! I hope you're having a great day! My card today features the Pretty Pink Posh Watermelon stamp and coordinating die set!
I like to arrange my images on a piece of clear plastic the size of my card face to help me decide on placement before I commit and adhere everything in place. It's also easy to pick up the entire design and layer it over different backgrounds to choose which one I like best.
I stamped the sentiment in the center of a Scalloped Oval Frame and then arranged the watermelon, slices and leaves around the frame.
I decided on a stitched zig zag border in watermelon shades of ombre red and green. I love the Stacked Edges series of dies because they make quick detailed backgrounds in a snap. The die cut borders fit together like puzzle pieces so the finished background is smooth and flat.
The finishing touch is a sprinkle of Lime Shimmer Confetti. They shine like juicy dewdrops!  I'm linking up to Sunday Stamps where they have a sketch challenge this time! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Watermelon
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Watermelon, Stacked Edges 1, Scallop Ovals
Confetti | Pretty Pink Posh Lime Shimmer

PPP = Pretty Pink Posh
SSS = Simon Says Stamp


Watermelon
Watermelon

PPP | SSS
Watermelon
Watermelon

PPP | SSS
Stacked Edges 1
Stacked Edges 1

PPP | SSS
Scallop Ovals Dies
Scallop Ovals Dies

PPP
Lime Shimmer Confetti
Lime Shimmer Confetti

PPP | SSS

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

so fun + refreshing to see watermelons. This is so sweet!

dj said...

What a fun, bright, and summery card!! Sure to bring a smile!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Frame It" sketch challenge.
Deb Horst, DT #SSC320

stampwithamyk said...

Cute card! Love the fun colors and the watermelon! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a fun card! So cheerful!