Friday, December 18, 2015

Tag You're It! Pine Branches & Poinsettia


Looking for something yummy to make today?  A new challenge starts at Tag You're It Challenge - and this one is from our design team member Donna from Room in a Cupboard blog!  Donna's been making me crazy with all the clear acetate tags she's been making lately!  I think they're so unique and unusual!  I'm happy for an excuse to make one of my own.  The hardest part about this one was finding some clear acetate that was strong enough for the job.  I tried clear transparency and it was flimsy.  I  knew it wouldn't hold the weight of the ribbon let alone the number of die cuts that I wanted to stack on top of it.  I finally wound up recycling a thick piece of plastic.  It was included as a divider in a card stock storage bin I purchased at Joann.   If you look close you'll see it has a striped pattern on it.    I loved everything about Donna's tag - its elegant and sophisticated.


I kept lots of elements the same - particularly the layout from Donna's design.  To try to make this more "me" I added color - a pink poinsettia, and green pine boughs. 
 
 Instead of clear baubles I added wood sequins and a few scattered gems. 
I think this one might catch your fancy too!! I hope you will give it a try!   To see more samples from the design team and to link up your design just click here and jump to the Tag You're It Challenge Blog!









Supplies:  
Dies:  Poppystamps Blooming Poinsettia, PIne Boughs, Memory Box Branching out
Ribbon: 3/4" Pink Grosgrain - May Arts
Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Juniper Berry 
Wood Sequins:  Cloud 9
Misc:  Button, Gems
Punch:  We R Memory Keepers

10 comments:

Jutta said...

Using acetate is a great idea, I really like the look! TFS

Donna said...

Now this is Gorgeous with a big capital 'G', my friend. Love your pretty take on my design.
I always use recycled acetate packaging for my tags and haven't touched the stuff I actually bought at all yet. It's a great way to look after the environment and save a few pennies, too :)

Julia Aston said...

Wow - a beautiful tag Jeanne! love the clear tag base! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

STUNNING!!! LOVE this Jeanne...love this!!

Peanut said...

Oh how pretty, Jeanne. LOVE the pink poinsettia and the foliage.Absolutely stunning composition, my friend. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Peace and much blessing to you always.
hugs, Asha

Kara Lynne said...

Jeanne, I love it! Such pretty colors and I love the touches of gold too. That poinsettia has stolen my heart!

Lyndal said...

This is just stunning Jeanne!

Sharron said...

Using acetate really creates a clean, elegant look--just gorgeous! And I love the pink!

Marybeth said...

Wow....SHOWSTOPPER ,here!!!!! I love this acetate tag and your poinsettia is beyond gorgeous.........awwwwww!

Kim Heggins said...

I have to agree with Marybeth...this is some showstopper!!!! Love it.