Saturday, December 26, 2015

Happy New Year!


I hope you had a wonderful, merry, and happy Christmas yesterday. I spent the day entertaining for family and friends. It's lots of work but so nice to see everyone enjoy themselves and indulge - good food, conversation, and fun! It doesn't have to end just yet! Just think.. New Years is just a week away!!!
I made this new years card with the Sparkle Burst Starts die.  I thought they looked like fireworks!  And WOW! are fireworks popular in Indiana - there are only two times of year that it's legal to light them here - July 4th and New Years. 
So I know there will be some pretty lights in the sky next week!
All the little bits are inlaid on this card. I know that's lots of work but it sure makes a clean and flat card. I've got a few tips to share to make it easier and to show how I do it. 

A precision tip glue applicator is a must. I use Ranger Multi Matt Medium with a precision tip from Quilled Creations. It provides great control allowing you to add very small amounts in the smallest of spaces.





When I cut the die I try to leave as many pieces in the holes as possible. Next I overlay the pieces I want to inlay over the cut out panel. Using a wood pic I just push the die cuts into the open holes underneath. While the glue is still wet it's easy to push them into place. The remaining pieces that were left behind on the cutting plate are also easy to pick up with the wood pic. I dab the wood pic on a wet sponge and the pieces stick easily. 
This black card was really hard to photograph but the colors really pop against the dark background. I love how flush and smooth the finished card looks.

One more tip.. a Swiffer dry cloth is great for picking up all those little bits of dust left behind from the die cutting. I hope you'll give this a try! And let's keep the party going another week!











8 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty, perfect New Year's card! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas, Jeanne :)

Lisa Elton said...

This was definitely worth the extra effort Jeanne! Such a festive card!!

BenteS said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for the good tips!

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is gorgeous and so striking with the pops of colour against the black background! Thank you for the tips too! xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely, festive New Year cards!

Happy New Year to you!

Kim Heggins said...

Happy New Year....fabulous card Jeanne, love all the pretty colors.

Sharron said...

This is so festive and just perfect for New Year's! Love the fun colors with the gold sentiment! It was definitely worth the extra time it took.

BożenA said...

A beautiful fireworks :-) great card, I love her variegation. Gold extras fit perfectly and adds elegance to the card.
hugs,
BozenA