Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fusion Card Challenge


Hi and thanks for stopping by!  We have another beautiful challenge for you at Fusion this time.    It's hand picked for the Holidays!   You can work with the inspiration photo OR the sketch.  If you're feeling clever just FUSE them together like I did.  But first.. check out that photo.. .what do you love about it?  Me?  I love nature so the birds, berries, and pine branches were a treat for these eyes. 
For the focal point of my card I layered some solid card stock, and made a scene of a cardinal on a holly branch.  For me the details make all the difference.  Red pearl gems became berries. I cut holly leaves from two different shades of green.  A brush of Copic marker on the bird wing made it a shade darker, and a bitty google eye on the cardinal brought him to life! 











Now it's your turn.  Need a little inspiration?  Just click on the names below to jump to their blogs to see more.


All the dies I used on this project are from Top Dog Dies.  Maybe you heard?  They're closing the site.  If there are any dies you've been wanting and "have to have", now's the time.  Everything in the store is 40-50% off while supplies last.

You can get all the details and link up your designs here at Fusion Card Challenge!











Supplies:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Heart Felt Holidays 
Dies:  Top Dog Dies Vintage A2 Mat, Pocket Page Banner, Dotted Border, Cardinals, Banners One
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Under The Tree 12"
Wood Snowflakes Stampin Up!,  Wood Sequins Cloud 9
Misc. Button, Red Pearls  

10 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful bright red on this Jeanne! love the candycane paper and your festive bird!! Julia xx

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, simply stunning!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh I like this one Jeanne!! The wooden embellies are perfect with the papers and die cuts! SO CUTE!!

~amy~ said...

beautiful!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm casing this one, every little bit of it and its fabulousness!! GORGEOUS design and popping colors!!
I had so much fun with you during the VOSP and you knocked my socks off every day!
Big hugs to you my friend,
Lisa xx

Kathryn Lorenzini said...

Oh my gosh, this is just perfect with the colors and embellies!!!!!! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful Jeanne...love your fabulous background.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jeanne! Love all the layers and die cuts! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne! I love that bird - his little googly eye is just adorable!

Sharron said...

Wow--love this! Your background looks amazing and of course I adore the bird!