Thursday, December 24, 2015

Mini Mint Ornaments!


Hi friends! Just a last minute gift idea for you.  I'm on the design team for The Twinery and this is one of my last projects for 2015.  They ask us to create different projects like home decor, tags, treats, cards, printables, scrapbook layouts etc. so that there is something fresh on the blog every time you look.  Things that will appeal to a vast variety of crafters.
I signed up for a Christmas treat.  I found these plastic clear ornaments at Michaels and got them when they were half off - so I paid $1 each for them.  They're a heavy plastic, and they just snap together like a clam shell.
I found the big jar of mini mints at GFS.  The whole jar was about $10.  You can use any treats you like of course.  I thought these were really pretty and they taste good too :)  YUM!!

I filled one half with mini mints and then snapped on the top half of the ornament. Next I threaded Twinery Blossom Twine through the hanger, and attached a pretty pink bow with hot glue.
The poinsettia and foliage are also hot glued on to the front of the clam shell so this is still easy to open and close to get at those sweets inside. I added a bitty tag with more pretty Twinery Blossom Twine.
All the items I used were very inexpensive - so you can make several to give away to friends, coworkers or family. I'm thinking I'll fill a few with cashews too!  
 
Merry Christmas!  Let the baking begin - well that's what I'll be doing today!   I have a Pistachio Cheesecake with a Ganache  topping to make!










Supplies:
Twinery Blossom Twine
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Tag Collection 1
Dies:  Poppystamps:  General Store Tag, Pine Boughs, Blooming Poinsettia
Gem
May Arts 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Pink Ribbon
Clam Shell Ornament :  Michaels
Mini Mints:  GFS

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is very pretty, Jeanne... and who knew mints could look like that?
I'm sure whoever you give this to will be very happy :)
Happy Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing your creations, but this one really tops the list of favs I've seen you make. So pretty and fresh looking. Love the non-traditional colors, too. Merry Christmas....I'll be cooking today, too....Jan D., FL

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, Jeanne, what a great idea and the results are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love the minty, pastel colors, WOW!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Lisa Elton said...

BEATUIFUL Jeanne!! The mints look so pretty in the ornament. Your poinsettia and pine toppers are wonderful, love the touch of gold you added! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Kim Heggins said...

Merry Christmas...oh my, this is as sweet as can be Jeanne, just love it.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely idea...it turned out so pretty! Must remember this for next year!

Sharron said...

What a wonderful gift! The ornament makes a great holder and your poinsettia topper is so gorgeous. Love the pink and gold!!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is GORGEOUS! What a wonderful gift and the poinsettia is beautiful in pink! XXX