Thursday, November 26, 2015

Fusion Card Challenge - Blue Christmas

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are having a great day!  I always have a Norman Rockwell picture in my head of what Thanksgiving should be.  Friends and family all getting together, helping out and making the meal (no matter what it is) a wonderful experience.  Somehow my "ideal" dinner and the one I usually wind up with are two very different things.  There is so much time spent in preparing this meal - getting the house ready and making sure everything is just right.  Just the thought of all the dishes and pans that will need to get washed at the end of the day just makes my hands ache!  If any of my family is reading this.. you've been put on notice - everybody better behave or the dishes are YOURS! LOL!  If only right?

If it gets too bad I'll go skulk off to my craft room and take a break from the excitement - deep breath!   LOL!!   A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge.   This one is called Blue Christmas.  You can use the photo for inspiration OR the sketch... and if you're feeling clever FUSE them together!

I saw that pampered pooch on the big pillow in front of the elegant Christmas tree and thought I would try to replicate the scene.  This one is going to go to Moriko's breeder - I promised to send her regular updates on how our girl is doing and have happy news to report.  Moriko has been a very good girl this year and we are so happy with her in our lives.
I added lots of silver details on my card including a silver die cut tree topped with a silver star, silver sequins, and some Platinum Shimmer Twinery Twine.
To recreate the doily in the sketch I  used a fancy border die cut and layered it over a solid scallop die cut. I mixed different patterns of paper for the background to jazz it up a little. 

Isn't that little dog sweet?  I almost painted his spotted eye red like the Target dog. LOL
Ok now it's your turn.  Need a little more inspiration?  Head on over to Fusion Card Challenge.  The design team has lots of gorgeous projects posted that are sure to inspire you!

Have a great Thanksgiving... and if it doesn't work out?  There's always next year. 










Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Memory Box  Santa Paws
Dies:  Stitched Country Borders, Stitched Rectangle Layers, Poppystamps Classic Ribbons, Woodland Border, Westbridge Christmas Tree 
Pattern Paper:  Teresa Collins "Memories"
Glitter Star: Paper Studio
The Twinery Platinum Twine
Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh
Ink:  Copic, Versafine, Memento

9 comments:

BenteS said...

Love your Christmas card with all the beautiful papers and details!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Jeanne, this is SO cute! I just love that little pup! Love that pretty turquoise and silver combination too!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Take care!
Michele

Donna said...

This is lovely, Jeanne. You take such good photo's of your cards and always capture all those yummy details :)

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love that die cut tree Jeanne! great mix of inspired colors on this and your little pup is just adorable! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving - I'm sure it will all turn out well - after all - it's the gathering of family that's the important piece! (and hopefully they will all help you clean up!!)

sandie said...

I hope your Thanksgiving goes like the one in your head! You have created a wonderful scene. Love all the patterns and the glittery tree is superb xx

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, layered to perfection!! The dishes at the end can wear a girl out huh LOL, but it's worth it!!

Karren said...

This is just adorable, Jeanne! I love that tree and the little dog is too cute!

Joyce said...

I hope you had the perfect Thanksgiving of your dreams. This card is gorgeous--love all the glitter and that adorable pup.

cm said...

Moriko's breeders will absolutely love this card, as do I! Rich with details, layers, elements, textures and, the star of the show, your little pup! Cute AND classy! Hope you had plenty of helping hands for your Thanksgiving clean-up!
Hugs~c