Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Serendipity Blog Challenge - Flourishes


Hi and welcome to the Serendipity Blog Challenge!  Mary, the talented creator and owner of Serendipity has challenged the design team to come up with projects featuring flourish images.   Serendipity has several flourish stamps from fancy to casual - you can see the flourish designs available by clicking here
Looking for some new designs?  Serendipity just released new Spring and Summer stamps that you can see hereThe special this week is 20% off word stamps.

To create the design pattern on my card  I stamped the bird flourish stamp (shown on pink in the photo) and cut it with an oval die.  To "frame" my bird flourish with the background stamps I lined up the oval die cut with the "wheat branches" on the flourish and mirror flourish stamps and stuck them to my stamping block.  I lined them up just on the edge of the block so I could line it up with the edge on my paper. 
I stamped them on the 4" side of a 4" x 4.25" piece of vintage cream paper.  I then stamped the opposite side of the paper to create this pattern.  The oval will fit nicely in the center of this shape.  Don't worry if some of the wheat branches are showing - or if the design is a little "off"  the scalloped oval die cut placed under the oval die cut with the bird image will cover this up.  Here's what the image looks like stamped twice.   

I made mine a Sympathy card - but the elegance of the design would make an excellent wedding congratulations or invitation.  The wheat  design would also be beautiful for Thanksgiving.

I finished off the card with an embossed strip across the bottom, some lace and a piece of velvet ribbon.  I topped that with my sentiment - a congratulations would look gorgeous on this card as well.  The two metal / gem embellishments are Swarovski Elements sliders that I found in the jewelry section of the craft store.  Here's a close up..
And this is the finished card...
I hope you will hop along to the other design team member blogs and see what they came up with for this Flourishes Challenge.  Just click on the names below (listed alphabetically).

Thanks for having a look - have a fantastic day!

Jeanne

With Sympathy SmallFlourishFlourish MirrorBird Flourish
Supplies used:  Finished Size 5 x 7 "
Stamps:  Serendipity Flourish 022D, Flourish Mirror 023D, Bird Flourish 094D, With Sympathy Small 782B
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Petite Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Damask Decor
Ink:  Versafine Deep Lagoon
Bling:  Swarovski Elements Sliders EK Success
Paper:  Papertrey Ink Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Vintage Cream
Extras Lace, Velvet Ribbon

17 comments:

Sue Eldred said...

Love the finished card.

Miriam said...

I love everything about your card! All those flourishes look great together with the bird.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful Jeanne. That shade of blue is amazing and the way you have combined these flourishes really creates a wonderful background. Nicely done.

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Jeanne, I love how you framed those flourishes and I love that the flourish is a bird image too! Very smart how you used four of the images with the wheat. Those little sparkly sliders and lace trim really do add a lot of elegance to the card. It totally could be a wedding card too!

Suzanne said...

Oh my! Just so elegant! I love those metal slider thingys too!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jeanne! Very elegant looking!

Pauline said...

A very elegant sympathy card Jeanne, beautiful flourishes and bird.

Unknown said...

What an elegant card! I love their stamps and plan to check out the sale, thanks for the tip!

Sharron said...

Love this elegant beauty! You've created such a beautiful design with the flourishes. And the lace, velvet & metal sliders finish it off perfectly1

Marybeth said...

Jeanne, this is such a gorgeous elegant sympathy card! I love what you have created with the flourishes, and the embellishments are beautiful .

Karen McAlpine said...

Beautiful blues. Love the layout.

Carol P said...

the blue is so simple, crisp & makes a statement. Beautiful card.

JJ Bolton said...

So pretty! The little jeweled pieces are so neat:) And that velvet ribbon, swoon!

Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanne, what a stunning card , great stamping and colour fantastic work
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine

Jenny Gropp said...

Jeanne, this is a beautiful design! Love those crystal buckle embellishments on this!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! So well designed. Love the blue and that lace trim is exquisite.

Cheryl said...

Just stunning! Beautiful design with the stamps, fab colors, and the velvet ribbon and preetty bling are perfect. I love that the stamp is so versatile.