Monday, April 9, 2012

Case Study #85 - Typewriter


I hope you had a fabulous Easter!   The weather was beautiful and I had my parents and sister over for a great meal.  I made ham with all the trimmings and finished it off with a home made carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  My daughter and I piped on little orange carrots complete with greenery.


Today I'm playing along with Case Study.   I  love the inspiration from their guest designers, and getting  to try some new techniques. 
This week's  Case Study Challenge #85 is inspired by muse/guest designer Laurie Schmidlin

Here's the beauty of CASE -  focus on the elements you love about the design, improvise, and make a unique creation of your own.  It's not hard to see all the elements that I adored about Laurie's design - the color combination, the black stitching, and the flowers with the twine and tulle.  I took those elements and improvised with the supplies I had on hand and added a few extras of my own like the keyhole and key.  I always love seeing all the different directions the sketch goes.
Thanks so much for having a look, I hope you are inspired to play along!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 x 7"
Stamps:  Pink Paislee Daily Junque
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Lables 9, Antiquities, Timeless Heritage, Cheery Lynn Dancing Doily Lace Border
Paper:  K&CO, Authentique, Echo Park, PTI
Extras:  Roses Recollections, Tulle, Twine, Corner Chomper
Ink:  Ranger Distress Black Soot, Versafine Onyx Black

10 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Love the lock and key! I always love when you use the foils:) And how cool is the glittery paper in the keyhole!

Hope you have a good week Jeanne!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and great accents on this card. Your dp's are wonderful and I truly think you did Laurie's card justice. Congrats!

Marybeth said...

Sounds like a nice Easter and yummy! Jeanne you sure do a great job on capturing what is in the photo. Your card is spot on and so creative. I love your interruption of the picture and your card.

Christina said...

The little details on this beauty are wonderful, Jeanne! I love the shiny lock and key and tulle. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Sharron said...

Beautiful job with this challenge, Jeanne! The elements are all so wonderfully put together. The key & lock are such great details and I love the mixture of background papers!

Mynn xx said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the metallic lock and all your vintage pieces! This is smashing! :)

Pauline said...

Stunning card Jeanne, this says winner to me! A perfect take on the CASE study inspiration, just fabulous!

Cathy Weber said...

I dcon't know how you do it Jeanne, what a great card. There are so many really interesting details on this card, love that keyhole and key, but that netting is just my favorite element. It was a brilliant choice, just loved it.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

FA-BU-LOUS!! You rocked the inspiration, Jeanne :) Oh, and two thumbs up for pierogi! YUM!! :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely card great details fabulous colours Jeanne
Hugs Elaine