Monday, April 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas - April Edition

Are you ready for another edition of the 12 Kits of Christmas?Just to refresh your memory, this is a group of 12 designers. Each has been assigned a month to provide the Christmas crafting supplies to the other 11 members. We all receive the same supplies and post our creations on the last day of every month. It's interesting to see how we all come up with something different with the same kit of supplies.

This month our hostess supplying all the goodies is Marybeth. She's provided all sorts of paper crafting goodness, lots of patterned paper, stamped images, and fancy die cuts - Memory box holly vine, jingle bells, snowflakes and a country landscape border. This month I came up with four cards - it seems I've been adding one a month since this started. If it keeps up I will be in big trouble come December :) !!  I've named each of the cards so you can match up the material list at the bottom of this post.

Angel Girls

Christmas Tree Silhouette

Lamp Post
Little Village
If you like these, why not see what the rest of the team came up with for this months challenge? Here's a list of the designers with links to their blogs!

Marybeth April (Our Hostess this month)
Joyce May
Amy June
Christina July
Kim August
Kara September
Jessica October
Jeanne (That's Me!) November
Sharron December
Renee January
Cathy February
Suzanne March

Thanks for having a look! Join us next month to see the latest in the 12 Kits of Christmas!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  All Cards Finished Size 6x6

Angel Girls
Stamps:  Stampendous Little Angels, Sentiment Papertrey Ink Ink the Meadow
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Squares, Postage Stamps, Ribbon Banners
Paper:  Sheet Music Foiled Paper Studio, Papertrey Ink Poppy Red, True Black, Stampers Select White, Grafix Foil Board
Markers:  Copics
Fiber:  Martha Stewart Glitter Eyelash Yar

Christmas Tree Silhouette
Stamps:  Stampendous Precious Gift
Dies:  Papertrey Ink  In the Meadow, Memory Box Star of Wonder, Jingle Bell Border, Spellbinders Labels 20
Paper:  My Mind's Eye  The Merry Days of Christmas, Papertrey Ink Fine Linen,  Stampers Select White, True Black, Scarlet Jewel
Embossing Plate:  Sizzix Texturz Stars & Swirls,  Embossing Folder Sizzix Starry Night 2 from Starry Night Set - Basic Grey
Border Punch:  Ek Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace

Lamp Post
Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo Lamp Post, Stempendous Precious Gift
Dies:  Memory Box Holly Vine
Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers Photo Corner
Paper:  My Mind's Eye The Merry Days of Christmas
Border Punch:  Ek Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Extras: Ribbon 1/8" Burgandy Satin, gems
Markers: Copic

Little Village
Stamps:  Paper Inspirations Wise Men
Dies:  Memory Box Locina Buckle, Latchette Border, Star of Wonder, Country Landscape, Frostyville Border
Paper:  My Mind's Eye The Merry Days of Christmas, Papertrey Ink:  Enchanted Evening, Scarlet Jewel, Stampers Select White, Grafix Foil Board
Extras:  Buttons, Gems, Twine
Embossing Plate:  Sizzix Texturz Stars & Swirls

14 comments:

Renee said...

Oh...Jeanne...this are all gorgeous!!
Just like I knew they would be! :)
But I melt over the angels on the postage stamp...
I love it so much! :)
Your coloring is spectacular...
and they just make me happy!!
I knew that everyone would come up with incredible ways to use them...
so I saved mine! :)
Love the mix of papers and textures...
the die cuts...
everything is just incredibly gorgeous!! :)
And btw...
I'm SO glad we have this group! :)

Lisa Minckler said...

You go girl! These are fabulous.
I love the last one very much. Excellent idea to use that as the star in the East.

Cathy Weber said...

These are so, so good Jeanne! The first one has such great coloring of the angels, they look real, the shading on the snow and all around the angels is so realistic. I love the embossing on the Christmas tree, great idea and the last one, my favorite with the neat gold diecut and all the beads in the top border cut. Really great job this month, as always. You always add such great, little touches which add so much. I sure wish I could see those in my head when I am making a card!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love the way you colored and shaded the girls so perfectly, the postage stamp and the silver trim gorgeous! Love the embossed tree and you used the bells yea! I just could not come up with a good spot for them, but I loved them. Beautiful layout on the lamppost card, and you used so many of the papers. Beautiful scene on the last one as well , love that gold die in the center. I’m so glad to have met you through this wonderful group. Beautiful holly too !

Joyce said...

These are all just wonderful. I love how you colored those little girls. So much more vivid and prettier than mine. And, what a smart idea to put that gorgeous snowflake border above the country landscape.

Kim Heggins said...

All of your cards are just so beautiful! But the sweet little angels is my favorite. All decked out in red and on the postage stamp die, just too adorable.

Christina said...

Your cards are all so beautifully detailed, as always! My favorite is the first one with the little angels--love their silver buttons, the glittered trim, and the postage stamp frame. The embossing on the silhouette tree is so pretty, and I love the clusters of pearl "berries" on the third card. Your last card with the landscape die cut is gorgeous--the snowflake trim looks amazing at the top. Great inspiration this month, Jeanne!

Kara said...

gorgeous cards!! love those sweet little angels.....love their rosy cheeks!

Sharron said...

All are so awesome, Jeanne! I just love how you add just the right details to every card you make! I LOVE the little angels--fabulous coloring and that wonderful postage stamp die! You even used the music background--so perfect! Adore how you highlighted that wonderful sentiment on the next two--again combining so many fantastic elements. And the last card is gorgeous with the bling on the snowflakes and the stunning die cut in the center!

The Paper Parade said...

You go girl! These cards rock :) The first one is definitely my fav, though! I love those little angel girls, and to put them in a sweet postage stamp on the music paper...perfection! I also like how you embossed the silhouette tree on the second.

Amy Kolling said...

Jeanne, I am always amazed when I see your cards for this group! You stick to your style and it's terrific! I am very fond of the angels on the postage die....such a sweet card!

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, everything is gorgeous! I love how you colored those angels, but my favorite is the holly border with the light pole. Beautiful.

JJ Bolton said...

My oh my, you have been busy! Don't you love making holiday cards off season? I do!

All of your cards are so wonderfully detailed! I love those little snow angels, colored perfectly and framed with the awesome postage diecut! Love it!

And your two cards with that luscious damask paper, wow! I love that color combo!

Your last card is just a feast of the loveliest diecuts! I love how you stacked the gold pieces! So pretty!

Hope you're having a great week Jeanne!

Pauline said...

These aware all fabulous Christmas cards! You have created a unique design for each one, great job!