Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just Us Girls - Happy Anniversary!


JUGS BlinkieGood morning!  I hope you are having a great day!  After all the running around last week getting everything ready for Easter this week seems like a breeze to me.  There are lots of left overs from the big meal so I don't even have to cook today!   It's great to have some extra "me" time and get to play along in a few challenges!  Today I'm playing along with Just Us Girls Challenge #131.  Here's a photo of the sketch this week.

I started my design with a beautiful strip of ribbon given to me by my good friend JJ Bolton from the Ribbon Girls blog.  It is a beautiful satin brocade with gold in it.  I played with all the color in the ribbon in my design - especially that beautiful gold.  I used a Copic marker to color the pins and the pearl in the center of the flower to get just the shade I wanted.  The pins are stuck in a piece of pop up foam on the underside of the heart.   The fancy Serendipity scroll heart is stuck down on a foam dot placed strategically under the flower. 

Thanks for stopping by to have a look!  Enjoy the beautiful Spring weather!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 x 7"
Ribbon:  Ribbon Girls
Stamp:  Serendipity
Dies:  Scroll Heart Serendipity, Spellbinders Foliage & Carnation Creations, Cheery Lynn Queen Anne's Lace Border
Embossing Plate:  Sizzix Flourish Blooms Texturz
Extras:  Pins, Cardstock PTI

13 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Amazing cards! Love your gold diecuts and the ribbon is so beautiful! Perfect design as always!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter, hugs, Karin

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne, the embossing matches the design of that divine ribbon! A gorgeous card!

Donna Hanley said...

A touch of class, for sure.

Lisa Minckler said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love that ribbon and those copic colored gems and wow, the golden embellishments! Beautiful card. :)

JJ Bolton said...

Look at you! I knew that ribbon was going to the right person:) Love it! Your gold details are just fabby:) Lovely, lovely, lovely!

BTW, I made a bunch of cards for some girl friends with the felt flowers and they think I'm a crafty genius:)

Have a super day Jeanne!

NanaConnie said...

Jeanne, this is gorgeous! I love everything about it but mostly the heart. Fantastic! Did you use a gold paint pen on it?

Marybeth said...

JJ gave you some beautiful ribbon and you used it perfectly on this gorgeous card. Love the golden accents to this one!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jeanne! Love the gold accent trim and beautiful ornate heart!

Sharron said...

Stunning as always! You selected just the right elements to highlight that gorgeous ribbon. Love the gold, the embossing and the Copic coloring on the pearls.

Unknown said...

Jeanne what a beautiful card I have just bought a memory box heart similar to this one , your card is just so full of lovely detail well done Hugs Elaine

Andrea M said...

WOW! So pretty! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Shannon White said...

Goodnesss is this Ever Lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch and I Love your lacy gold heart and Fabulous ribbon too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Your card has so many lovely touches on it from the gold foil heart to the ribbon and stick pin accents. I'm going to have to give foil a go because you really make beautiful pieces for your cards with it, TFS Jeanne!