Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cupcake Inspirations -

Grab Our ButtonHi! and Happy Thursday!  Are you getting ready for Easter?  I feel like I've been shopping all week trying to get the freshest ingredients - why can't they all be at one store?  I think I am just about done!  I picked up an Easter Lilly for my mom and some Easter basket goodies for the kids today -  the chocolate kind.  I purposely waited until later in the week so I wouldn't wind up eating them all!  I hope they are willing to share later!

OH and don't forget the Serendipity Stamps deal of the week is buy 3 get the fourth one free now tthrough April 9  http://www.serendipitystamps.com/DEAL.html  
Today I'm playing along with the Cupcake Inspirations challenge.  I saw these sweet little bunny cupcakes and made my own little paper confection.  I used lots of pink inspired by the flowers in the photo.  Isn't this little guy just the sweetest?  The card was quick and easy - and who couldn't use that around the holidays?  Another plus is that it is flat so I can mail it easy!  Yes, I know,  I made a flat card!! YEAHHHHHH!  Maybe all that "I think I can, I think I can" stuff really works!

I stamped my bunny twice - once on the original, once for a mask.  I then stamped the sentiment.  I covered my original bunny with the mask and then stamped the background.  I added lots of shading in distress spun sugar (how appropriate) and layered it on dark and then lighter pink paper.
I hop (I mean hope) you like him and that your having a great day!

Jeanne
BunnyCalico BackgroundEaster Greetings
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Serendipity Bunny 010J, Calico Background 832E, Easter Greetings 1246E
Paper:  Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst. Stampers Select
Ink:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black,  Ranger Distress Spun Sugar

9 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awww...this is so precious. What a wonderful iconic image of spring and Easter. Love it!

Tina said...

so cute and lovely...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Unknown said...

I love bunnies and this one is just precious. What a fantastic Easter card and hooray for flat cards. :-)

Pauline said...

Oh what a lovely bunny! Love that floral background, and the beautiful inking around the edges.
Have a great Easter xx

Clare said...

Love that sweet bunny, gorgeous card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a sweet card Jeanne! That big bunny is ADORABLE! Happy Easter!

Helen Berry said...

Oh this is too cute for words!! Love it - soooo pretty x x

Anne-Elise said...

This card is also soo cute!! We had some brown bunnies like this one a few years ago... I wish we still had them... Happy Easter!!

Rene said...

This is so cute! Thank you so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck and "Hoppy" Easter!
Rene :D