Thursday, May 15, 2014

CASE Study #191 Happy!

Happy Thursday! I'm having a great week and doing well!  I hope that you are too!  My daughter just finished finals, and my son has two weeks of school left to go!  Wow!  Summer sure is creeping up fast isn't it?    Thursday always means a new challenge at CASE Study. This week is extra special because we have 7 new design team members posting with us today. It feels like a fresh start with lots of new styles!

Our muse this month is Wida Miller from Beachorado - and I absolutely adore her style! Look what she has for us this week!  So what grabs you?  The white on white die cut sentiment?  The pop of red and blue?  The enamel dots and sprinkle of glitter?    Work with whatever moves you and run with it!   Sometimes it's hard for me to explain where my inspiration came from.   What struck me most was the balance of this card.  The right side looks so clean  while all the color is weighted on the left side.  It totally works because the die cut letters add texture providing a little weight of their own.  I wanted to do a similar balancing act with mine.  I didn't want my die cuts to look like they were "floating" so I weighed them down by embossing the background and adding some stamping and a sprinkle of sequins and enamel dots. I also die cut three sentiments and layered them as a "nod" to the three sentiments on Wida's design.


I bet you can't wait to see what the rest of the design team did with this one! I hope you'll stop by to visit them and just say hello! I know our newest DT members will be looking forward to hearing from you!
Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Tasnim Ahmed
Silke Ledlow
Jill Foster
Gayatri Murali
Anja Curvers
Anna Kossakovskaya
Julia Stainton
Michelle Williams
Annika Lerche

Thanks for stopping by this week!  I hope you'll join us at CASE Study!












Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Basic Banners, Just Geometrics Triangles
Dies:  WPlus9 Happy, Banner Trio
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Love Triangle
Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Ink:  Memento Rosebud, Angel Pink, Morocco, Cantaloupe, Love Letter, Dandelion,
Card Stock:  PTI Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, SU! Pretty In Pink
Enamel Dots:  Doodlebug
Clear Sequins:  Neat & Tangled

9 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very pretty and clever!

Lisa Minckler said...

Really Jeanne? Could you BE more awesome??? I feel so very redundant when I leave you comments, but I'm running out of ways to say that your card making skills are like none other. Each cut of paper so crisp and the design eye you have is impeccable! Hmmm, look at me, I did just think of something new to say...what'a ya know! ;) But honestly....this is beautiful. I love that you flipped the sentiment to the front and the florals to the back. It's GORGEOUS!!

Wida said...

bringing all the words together and stacking them! clever clever girl! I never thought of doing that! and of course you still kept the Jeanne colorfulness in
which I adore

Maria said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the layers with fabulous color! Just bought the Card Maker magazine and saw three of your cards! Even one using a Paper Sweeties stamp! Amazing cards, Jeanne...congratulations!!!

Gayatri said...

So much colour and vibrancy. Love the little colourful triangles on the background. The stacked up sentiment is clever. Love your card, Jeanne!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne you are so creative, I can just see you sitting at your desk making one gorgeous card after another. Amazing!

Shona Chambers said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm obsessed with triangles, so those cute little triangle stamps caught my eye straight away, as well as the layered happy die cut. The colours look amazing together too. Perfect card!

Sharron said...

Oh, I love this! The mix of colored triangles and your stacked words is a brilliant take on Wida's design.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is EXQUISITE, Jeanne!! The die cut flowers and sentiment, the wonderful triangle background, sigh, this one takes my breath away!!