Thursday, June 20, 2013

CASE#146 - Fresh Baked Get Well

Is everyone enjoying the summer?  I don't know about you but I always have these little "Normal Rockwell" images of what certain holidays and times of year should be like.   Maybe it is more of a sentimental feeling associated with certain times of year that is hard to explain.  My visions of summer include  staying up late, sitting in the yard until it's dark and I can see the lightning bugs blinking on and off, or sitting on the chaise lounge reading a book as I sip an ice cold pina colada... .. you know..... that sort of thing.   Visions that  hardly ever come true, but  would be a perfect day for me and totally capture the feeling of summer.  Have you done any of these things yet?  Me neither!!! Good thing it's only June!!

Time for your weekly dose of CASE Study Inspiration!  CASE is simple - just check out the inspiration photo - decide what moves you - and run with it!  The muse this month at CASE is Lisa Spangler from Side Oats and Scribbles.   So what moved me about the inspiration photo?  I know... some times it's not so obvious is it?  For me it was that clever "shut the front door" sentiment with the house image - the perfect pairing of sentiment and images.   I also picked up on the layout stamping my sentiment in the bottom right on my card just like Lisa.    Here's what I came up with... 
So now it's your turn!  What grabs you?  How will you make this one your own?  You can see the designs from the rest of the design team by clicking on their names here.  

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Lynn Mangan - Guest Designer for June

If you'd like to be considered as the next Guest Designer put a "GD" behind your name when you link it up at CASE Study!  I'm looking forward to being inspired by you!

Jeanne

Supplies used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Fresh Baked
Dies:  WPlus9 Fresh Baked, Spellbinder Opulent Ovals, Labels and Tags
Pattern Paper:  My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Tangerine 6x6" Pad
Card Stock:  PTI Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream
Ink:  Memento Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, London Fog, Morocco
Button:  October Afternoon
Ivory Button Twine, May Arts, 5/8" Taffeta Irridescent Ivory May Arts, 3/8" White Crochet Lace Trim Hobby Lobby

8 comments:

anya said...

I LOVE this. The little cluster of baking tools is so fabulous, and I love your cheery colors. I have been on the fence about this set, but I see now that I need it! Hope your summer is going well - things are crazy here! Enjoy yourself, friend! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great take on the CASE Study Challenge! Don't you just love those little mixing bowls and spoons and whatnot?! Such a beautiful creation, Jeanne!

Marybeth said...

Love all those little dies on this adorable card! Loved your red and camping card in Cards magazine! The red one was gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Jeanne! Great background paper and I love the die cut--just perfect to frame your baking supplies! Wonderful card to send to someone needing some cheer!!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh, this is just too cute! I will be pinning and cas'ing this card, I love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

So fabulous Jeanne! I have such a huge WPlus9 wish list now.

Peanut said...

Oh Jeanne!!!! I want those dinky little baking stuff! Adorable!!! The frame is just perfect for that cute cluster. Love it love love love it.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lisa Minckler said...

Awww, now this card steals the show! I love, love, LOVE your take on the card. What a perfect way to cheer someone up and make them feel better. This is absolutely ADORABLE!!!
hugs,
Lisa xx