Wednesday, May 22, 2013

CASE Study #142 - Hello!

Happy Thursday!  For me that always means time for a new CASE Study Challenge!  Our muse of the month is Maile Belles from Simply Stamped! and can I just say that  I'm really loving her style?!!  This one is clean but it still has lots of wonderful elements and detail including the double layer flower, the die cut and stamped leaves, and did you get a good peek?  There are even some little gems in there to satisfy the magpie in me. I can't help but be drawn to shiny colorful objects!

Remember with CASE all you need to do is study the inspiration photo - find what appeals to you the most - the colors, the layout, an element (like the flower), and then make it all your own.   I loved the layout of this one.  Instead of Maile's leaves I  stamped a colorful background of double stamped flowers and topped them with a butterfly die cut.  I added a floral die cut in hot pink to bump up the color, and a sprinkle of pearls to mimic the gems on Maile's design.

Need a little inspiration or just want to see what the rest of the DT did with this one?  Just click on their names below to jump to their blog!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

Our guest designer this month is: Erin Schulte

Now it's your turn link up your designs at CASE Study Challenge Blog - and if you'd like to be considered as a guest designer just put a "GD" after your name.   I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!  

Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Flower Foursome Small, Floral Butterfly, Hello Large
Dies:  Serendipity Butterfly Outline, Memory Box Honey blossom Sprig
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, White
Brad:  K&CO, Pearls: Recollections (Michael's)
Ink:  Memento Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Rose Bud, Angel Pink, Dandelion, Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin Up! Pool Party

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Your card is just stunning. I love how you took Maile's card and made it your own. Die cuts, layers, bling--they are all wonderful.

Pauline said...

Beautiful Jeanne! I love the zingy colours and the gorgeous butterfly!

June K said...

Love your color choices. Such a pretty card.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful Jeanne! Love the butterfly and that pretty MB die you used ,I have that one too.

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne! Stunning flowers and that butterfly, wow! You always amaze me with your card making skills, love it!

Renee said...

Well of course it's gorgeously stunning...
love those bold, vivid colors...
and the butterfly...
gorgeous!! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Jeanne! Love the burst of color and the stunning butterfly! Hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Sharron said...

Wow, the colors are stunning--so summery! And the butterfly is just gorgeous. Love the perfect brad accent!

Lisa Minckler said...

LOVE this!! Do you know how long it's been since I've actually stamped??? I should be ashamed! This card has truly inspired me and I love that you mixed the stamping with a die cut and that sensational centerpiece. This card is beautiful and your 2 other posts are just wonderful!!!
hugs to you,
Lisa x