Thursday, January 19, 2012

Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - January - Sky Background

    
Did you know Waltzingmouse had a Christmas Card Challenge?  The challenge is pretty simple, on the 10th of each month a new challenge is issued in the Playroom Forum.  While you increase your stash of Christmas cards, you increase your changes of winning a wonderful prize as well.  This month the challenge is to create a card that showcases either a daytime or nighttime sky.  I don't know about you, but I got caught in the mad dash this year and was short more than a few Christmas cards.  The thought of buying cards from the store was more than my crafting heart could bear!!  I resolve to not be caught empty handed this year!! (Well hopefully right?) 
Supplies Used:    Finished Size 6 x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Santa's Coming to Town, Vintage Circles Small
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 3, Spellbinders Double Ended Tags, Circles
Paper:  Fancy Pants Christmas Magic "Christmas Carol", Holly Jolly "Striped Sweater"
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Paradise Aqua
Glitter:  Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter
Twinery: Twine Honeydew (Thanks Renee!)
Ink:  Versa Magic Chalk Sea Breeze, Momento Dye Rhubarb Stalk
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Give A Hoot Set

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful christmas card Jeanne, I love the lace and twine combo, and the glittered smoking Santa is so cool!

lulu/cy said...

Just the top always such a sence of giving ud Ur Best! U posess such a wide range of talent<(^O*)>

Deborah Frings said...

Jeanne - this is beautiful. Love the frosted Santa and very pretty sky!

Marybeth said...

Soo pretty! I love the bit of glitter you used to frost the santa on the center of your card. Love that!

JJ Bolton said...

How pretty is that? Blue holiday cards are my fave (even better paired with red)! Love how you embossed the die cut label! And I have *got* to get me some of that coarse glitter. You and Cathy (I think!) used some this week and it's so neat! It's like sugar:)

Have a good weekend Jeanne!

Unknown said...

Ribbon, lace, a starry sky and a Santa that sparkles, it doesn't get any better! I'm off to see when the challenge ends and hopefully start on my 2012 Christmas cards.
Thanks for the mojo Jeanne! :-)