Sunday, December 18, 2011

CASE Study #70 - Fuchsia Butterfly Flourish


I'm trying to get some crafty time in before the big day this week - I know there will be lots of last minute running around with the kids both out of school. Today my mom and sister came over and we all decorated gingerbread houses. We all had a great time decorating and sampling the goodies to go on the houses. We had so much fun we decided to make it an annual tradition!! I bought all different size house kits so our village doesn't look like a cookie cutter sub division! Note to self - next year buy ALL pre-assembled houses!

Today I'm playing along with the Case Study challenge this week.  Actually this one is running two weeks - so you have extra time to play along.  Our muse/designer of the month is Amy Sheffer!  Her gorgeous card is to the left.  
 
I generally like a lot of color so I added some bright fuchsia pink to this one.  I double cut the butterfly and just couldn't resist adding some antenna.  I picked up the bling in Amy's example and used it to dress up my butterfly.  I stamped all my images with Archival Ink to get a clean dark imprint.  I hope you like it and thank you for taking a peek!

Supplies Used:    Finished Size 6" x 4.5"
Stamps:  Butterfly  Stampin'Up!  Background Kimberly Poloson Flourishes by Fiskars
Dies:  Spellbinders Circles
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart Quilted
Ink:  Ranger Archival Ink

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous take on the inspiration card!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv the colors...so gorgeous...thanks for playing along with us a CASE Study!

enjoy *~*

Christyne said...

Wow! I love that fabulous bow and your bold colors!! Beautiful!!

Kristi said...

wow Jeanne! You nailed it! I love that you went with pink,it's so pretty! Have a great holiday!

Cathy Weber said...

Yow, this is just a beautiful and striking card. The black and white with the bright fuchia bow really jumps out at you and is so elegant. I love the little antennae on your butterfly too.

Vickie Z said...

Stunning... Fabulous....love the bg... It's gorgeous and the pop of pink....wonderful!!!!

Jean Martin said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! I love that you changed the colors up a bit but still managed to stay within the theme! This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sabrina said...

what a gorgeous bow! I think it's fun that you change the colour. A beautiful card Jeanne.

Pauline said...

How beautiful, so elegant in this colour scheme, I love the pretty pink bow, and the amazing detailed flourish burst!

Maria said...

A gorgeous elegant card with fabulous butterfly...love it!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Love the crisp black stamping and the pop of bright pink! Fabulous butterfly details, too! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!