Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CR84FN33 Challenge Sweet Thank You

Mona says let's play so of course I'm in!   I can't resist a challenge and a little fun!
Red Pink and Neutral are the colors in the CR84FN challenge for the next 2 weeks beginning July 2.   This automatically gets me thinking Valentine's, hearts, and Christmas.  I thought I'd do something different and make a SWEET kitchen themed Thank You!  I'm missing baking cookies and sweets since it's summer and I don't want to fight the air conditioning.
I started out with some great paper from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection.   The paper reminds me of my old Betty Crocker cook book and the box my mom's old cookie press is in.  I don't usually use stickers but thought this little mixer and set of spoons were perfect.  I dressed them up a little bit by adding some red ribbon and heart.  I free cut the oven mitt and scored lines in it to give it a quilted look.   I didn't have a stamp with the sentiment and 50's look to it so I just ran my paper through my printer and used a Word Font - Vladimir Script.  I cut the sentiment out to look like a recipe card to complete the look.  I hope you like it! 

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection
Font:  Word: Vladimir Script
Dies:  Spellbinders Circles, Scalloped Circles
Corner Punch EK Sccess, File Tab Punch Stampin Up!, Eyelet Trim Punch & Heart (on oven mitt) Martha Stewart
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black  Ranger/Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet and fun, Jeanne! Love the details on your oven mitt! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

This is truly so SWEET and CLEVER! LOVE the recipe background with the three FAB embellies! LOVE the sentiment! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Jeanne! What a wonderful card! I love all those little kitchen themed embellishments! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Deb Hickman said...

What a sweet card,love the cute embellishments.xxx

Christina said...

This is so, so cute! Love the mix of papers and the oven mitt you made!

Andrea M said...

What a great card! Love the kitchen theme - you really nailed it! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Maria said...

So so CUTE! Love this kitchen themed card! Great use of color and papers...love it!!!