Saturday, April 15, 2023

Create Your Own Rainbow

I'm loving the spring weather, but that always means there's a chance of rain. And whenever it rains, I'm always trying to find a rainbow! When I can't find one outside I know I can make one of my own. That's the best part of crafting... you can go anywhere and make your own weather.

I used the Waffle Flower Slimline Rainbow die to make the card base. I cut each of the rainbow colored stripes from colored cardstock but you could just as easily cut the panel with white cardstock and then color the stripes with Distress Ink or makers.
I added clouds from the Rustic Rainbow die set. I cut them twice - once from white cardstock and once from glitter paper and layered them so just a bit of gold peeks over the edge of the top.
  
The Oversized Rainbow sentiment is no longer available, but the coordinating stamp set is. You could also switch the sentiment with a different word die that's appropriate for your recipient.
I hope you find some time to get out and enjoy the weather. Lots of flowers are starting to bloom and are just the thing for lifting you spirits!  I'm linking this up to Beyond the Blue Challenge where they're looking for rainbows! 



Finished Size: 3.5 x 8.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Oversized Rainbow
Dies | Waffle Flower Slimline Rainbow, Rustic Rainbow, Subsentiments, Oversized Rainbow

WFL = Waffle Flower
Slimline Rainbow
Slimline Rainbow
Shop at:
WFL
Rustic Rainbow
Rustic Rainbow
Shop at:
WFL
Subsentiments
Subsentiments
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Oversized Rainbow
Oversized Rainbow
Shop at:
WFL

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

We had rain this afternoon, but no rainbow so I'm happy to see this cheerful one of yours!

Lee said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Rainbows are my fave!! Thanks for joining us at Beyond the Blue!!