Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Star Snowflake Shaker

Today I'm playing along at the USE YOUR STUFF challenge. The theme this time is SNOW - and I'm guessing anyone who loves dies has a snowflake die and a background panel in their stash!
This one is EASY! I started with the Waffle Flower Dashed Rhombus panel cut from white cardstock and then inked with Picked Raspberry ink. Then I cut the panel with the outline from the Star Snowflake to create a window for a shaker.
Next I cut a slightly smaller panel of silver glitter paper and adhered it to my card base. Then I trimmed the inky panel slightly smaller than that and put clear acetate over the window. The die cut piece from the inky panel is adhered on the silver panel directly below the shaker cover panel.
A handful of sprinkles were added on top of the quilted inky snowflake negative before I adhered the cover with adhesive foam tape to secure the snowflake window opening.
Finally the detailed snowflake is added over the shaker window and a simple sentiment completes the card.
I'm not sure I'm ready for snow! I've seen it in the air several times this year but nothing really "stuck". I need to invest in some nice warm boots so I can keep walking with Miss Moriko. She thinks the snow was made just for her!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Star Snowflake Sentiments
Dies | Waffle Flower Winter Crystal, Dashed Rhombus, Personal Envelope

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Star Snowflake Christmas Bundle
Star Snowflake Christmas Bundle
Shop at:
WFL
Dashed Rhombus
Dashed Rhombus
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Personal Envelope
Personal Envelope
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The pink and little bits of sparkle are lovely!

Haven_mom4 said...

Such a warm and vibrant color choice. Makes you feel warm just looking at it even though it is snow. Good luck finding some warm boots for the winter and thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff