Thursday, March 18, 2021

Fusion Card Challenge - Spring Eggs

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a new challenge you'll find another winner at Fusion Card Challenge. You'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!
Here's our inspiration photo for this two week challenge! I spy colored eggs and a striped kitchen towel. Not loving the photo? That's ok.. just work with the sketch.
Growing up my parents were both very frugal. When it came time to color eggs my Mom would boil one dozen for the four of us kids. That meant only 3 eggs each to color. I think the Paas color pack only had 8 colors back then too. We'd compete to see who could get the darkest richest color on their egg - and that meant keeping your egg in the die cup for as long as possible.
So I've been a fan of big, bold color for a very long time. You won't find any pastel eggs here if I'm having anything to say about it!
I started my card with an Easter Basket filled with Pretty Pink Posh Spring Eggs. The Basket was cut from Kraft card stock, and then inked with Distress Oxide to bring out the stitched pattern. The eggs were colored with Copic Markers. I still say they are the best value in markers out there. Each pen can be refilled so no need to buy a whole pack of markers, just an ink refill that will restore your markers several times.

I spotted stripes in the inspiraiton photo so I had to add some here. The Stitched Strips are adhered to my card front and topped with white die cut Scallop frames. Love that little bow on the top? It's from the Twine & Bows border set.

Now it's your turn! Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.


I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! I cant wait to see what you make!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Spring Eggs
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Spring Eggs, Easter Basket, Stitched Strips, Scallop Frames, Twine and Bows


Spring Eggs
Spring Eggs

PPP | SSS
Spring Eggs
Spring Eggs

PPP | SSS
Easter Basket
Easter Basket

PPP | SSS
Stitched Strips
Stitched Strips

PPP | SSS
Scallop Frames
Scallop Frames

PPP
Twine and Bows
Twine and Bows

PPP | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your vibrant eggs are fantastic, Jeanne! Delightful card!

Tristan said...

Such a fun vibrant card Jeanne.