Friday, September 23, 2011

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Delightfully Random

Hello Moxie Fabbers!  Its time for another Tuesday Trigger!  Are you playing along?  This time we get two weeks to play so you have more time to ponder all the possibilities and then begin pulling out all your supplies.  If you want to play along all the deets are at http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/09/tuesday-trigger-delightfully-random.html.

It's not hard to see where I got my inspiration for this one - all those great colors, textures and embellishments were all within my reach.    The buttons, thread, embroidery and crochet all got me thinking sewing box.  When I saw that cute little bird by the fabric envelope I knew I had to do a bird house.   I used all the same great elements of the envelope - the gingham, red stitching, and the fancy button on the birdhouse.

I spent a long time on this one trying to get it just right.  There are so many details on this layout , from the embossed mint green background, the stitched birdhouse, to the little string bows holding up the banner.  The sweetest embellishment are the little crochet flowers my mom made for me.  

I made my own faux "crochet" doily heart  by taking a die cut, running it through an embossing folder and distressing it.  I colored a regular pearl with a copic to get the right shade of blue for my flower center.  I scattered some flowers and buttons and even added a few little branches to pick up that little trace of brown in the background.
I used alot of scraps for my banner and my bird so I can't tell you whose paper it is.  It was really fun picking out bits and pieces of remnants trying to get just the right look.  I'm really happy with and wouldn't change a thing - that's how I know I'm done!!  I hope you are having a great day and I can't wait to see the other projects people come up with for this Tuesday Trigger!  

Supplies Used:  Card size is 6" x 6"
Dies:  Spellbinders Cuckoo Clock, Classic Scalloped Heart, Standard Circles, Foliage, Nested Pennants
Heart Die Cut:  Cricut Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art  Branches:  Quickutz  Felt Flowers:  Sizzix Paper Sculpting Hydrangea
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug:Kassie's Brocade
Stamp:  Cuckoo for You!  A Muse Art Stamps
Ink/Markers:  Copic B05 (to color pearl), Momento Tuxedo Black, Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen
Background Embossing:  Sizzix Diamond Texturz Plate
Brad:  K & Co.
Paper:  Coordinations

11 comments:

Pauline said...

What a perfect take on this moxie fab challenge! Love the little bird, and the fun bunting, and the embossed heart is a wonderful backdrop. A gorgeous card, again!

Cathy Weber said...

My goodness there is so much to comment on with this card. You nailed the colors perfectly, I love that little banner and the patterned papers you chose to with them. How great that embossed heart looks, the lovingly placed crochet flowers, the pearls on the birdhouse, it is a work of art and I really mean that. You must have spent so much time making it. It is so gorgeous!

VanessaB said...

that is so so darling! loooove your card based on the trigger. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Jeanne! This is ADORABLE! Love the embossed background and that pennant banner is the sweetest! Fab take on the inspiration!

Jingle said...

WOW! This is so fun and SO stinking adorable! You did an awesome job with the trigger!!!

Amy* said...

Amazing! Looks just like the trigger photo but I love how you put your own spin on it and all those fabulous details you added. Thanks for the healthy dose of awesome...I needed that :)

Rochelle Washington said...

This is LOVELY!

Tigriswillreign said...

This matches the trigger perfectly!! Gorgeous!

Yvonne Garner said...

You nailed it! Bravo! Best, Yvonne

Lin said...

Such a fun card - love your take on the trigger!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful -- the perfect interpretation of the trigger photo! Great job!