Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CR84FN39 - September 24, 2011 - Orange Yellow Brown - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has not always been my favorite holiday.   There was a time when I hated Thanksgiving because it took all the attention away from my birthday which falls on this holiday quite often.  To make it worse, my older sister's birthday is just 3 days after mine  - so when family and friends would gather to celebrate it wasn't just for me, or for my sister, or for Thanksgiving.  The gathering was multi functional really making nothing about it special for any one individual person.  I can't tell you how many pumpkin pies have been my birthday cake :) !!   Or how many cakes got sung to twice - once to my sister, and then to me!!  
 Now that I am older I don't find presents so exciting - I like to pick out things for myself.  Who needs a new scarf when there are new Spellbinders to be had?   I focus on a great meal spent with great company and  my birthday cake  is saved and shared with just my husband and children.

Mona couldn't have picked a better time of year for the beautiful color combination this week at CR84FN!  A Thanksgiving card seemed like a natural for all the beautiful colors of the fall we are working with this week.   Are you playing along?  There is a new color challenge posted every Sunday.  Here is the link if you'd like to play along: http://cr84fncolorchallenge.blogspot.com
I made this card using kraft paper that I embossed with pumpkins.  I added some texture by embossing a pearl brown sheet with a weave pattern.  I tied some twine around the card to give it a bit of a rustic outdoors look, and finished it off with a two color bow. 

Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 6" x 6"
Just Rite Stamps:  Happy Everything Tag Making Kit, You Inspire Me
Dies:  Spellbinders Assorted Leaves, Petite Ovals, Harvest Border, Scrap-Mart Exclusive Die
Embossing:  Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest Folder, Sizzix Weave Texturz
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Orange & Antique Gold
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Tangelo   -   Ranger:  Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen
Turkey Salt Shaker Fitz & Floyd

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Fab Thanksgiving card, love the die cut leaf and that gorgeous double colour bow.

I had a root canal done 3 years ago, and it didn't hurt a bit - it was just like an ordinary filling, but twice as long! So try not to worry, you'll be fine xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne! Love the embossed pumpkins and all the great texture! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the embossed background.xxxx

Cathy Weber said...

I would much rather have Spellbinders than any bouquet of flowers, any day of the week! I had to laugh at your birthday story. My aunt got married on my mother's birthday and 65 years later she is still mad about it! Very pretty card, love all the embossing you used. Hope your dental work went ok, I would rather go through labor than go to the dentist.

Mona Pendleton said...

STUNNING card Jeanne! Love the beautiful embossed background layers and the wonderful framed sentiment! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN and Happy early Birthday :)

Prue said...

I love the techniques you used to make your paper so original and gorgeous....thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving card!! I love the embossing and the pretty leaves

Marie said...

WOW what a gorgeous card. The stamping, embossing, bow and beads all add up to a beautiful work of art. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

Deborah Frings said...

Jeanne - this is fabulous - I love the embossing, the coloured pumpkins, the lovely maple leaf - and super sentiment. It's a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful warm card Jeanne. Love the richness of your colors and the tiny beads on the twine!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning! I love the embossed pumpkins and pretty two toned seam binding bow. I am with ya on the crafty goodies for Birthdays and holidays. :)

Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN!

Suzanne Russell said...

So pretty! Congratulations on being chosen one of the Terrific Top 3. Thanks for the inspiration...I love the layers and textures!