Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Operation Write Home Tutorial : STARBURST

Shannan gave us a tutorial on the STARBURST pattern on the OWH Blog and I fell in love with the quilt look her card had.  It would have been really easy to copy hers because she used so many great colors and patterns that I love, but I wanted to challenge myself by making mine a little different so I came up with an "All American" theme of red, white and blue and made it an appreciation card.

What a great way to use up all those scraps of left over patterned paper that I can't bare to part with!!!  This card was alot of fun and I really like how it turned out.  I am sure I will be using this starburst pattern again and again. 

I'm still working around that no glitter policy by adding in a touch of foil on the tag to make it stand out.


Supplies used:
Patterned Paper:  K& Company, Blue denim paper Coordinations
Die:  Verve American Hero Set
Dies:  Spellbinders Nested Stars, Fancy Tags Three
Ink:  Momento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen

3 comments:

Linda said...

Awwwhhh...this is super! Love the use of the olive instead of white and using the star as part of a layer!

LynnR said...

That is a great card! I love the sentiment and the frame that you used as well!

Mona Pendleton said...

Another gorgeous Patriotic card Jeanne! Love the foil label and the pieced background!