Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #72

  
Operation Write Home supports our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Crafters of all ages and levels of experience have participated since 2007...and are on the way to a landmark one MILLION cards!  This is their weekly sketch challenge for June 5, 2011.



I started with some Paper Studio camouflage paper I bought at Hobby Lobby, and added linen print paper from K&Co.'s Boy Scouts of America Collection.   I chose the sentiment "Special Delivery" because I know that any letter from our loved ones is always welcome and a "special" treasured momento - their written words to us - something we can hold on to.  

Here's my card....
 
Products used:
Paper:  Paper Studio Camouflage, K&Co. BSA Collection Linen
Die: Quickutz
Stamp - Special Delivery Just Rite Stampers
Ink:  Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Burlap, Forest Moss - Momento Tuxedo Black

5 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

wow this is a fabulous card! I really like your interpretation of the sketch challenge!

Julie said...

Awesome card, Jeanne! I love the heart medal embellishment! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sherry Hickey said...

Jeanne, this is a fab card! Love the papers and is the medal also made out of paper? It's awesome.

Linda said...

Super card! Love the papers!

Shauna said...

I love this card Jeanne!! The paper you used is great and I love the metal heart embellishment and the sentiment is perfect! Great job!! :)