Sunday, June 5, 2011

Number One Dog!!

We started off our summer travels early this year and went on vacation last week.  My mom, dad, and sister were so kind to watch our Inu Ichibon (Number One Dog) while we were gone.  (My dog is Japanese so we always try to sneak a little in here and there.)

It is always hard for me to leave her behind because she is my ever present shadow.  My girl is a 13 year old Akita and it is so important to me that she is with someone who loves her and will take care of her just as welll as I do. 

I made a thank you card as a small gesture of appreciation.  I hope they enjoyed her visit!


I used Basic Grey's Max & Whiskers Collection paper because I love all the little dogs all over it.  I found some neat paper at Joann's that  looked like patent leather embossed with a reptile pattern that I made the collar with.  I added a few jumbo silver eyelets and a silver buckle to make it look more realistic and give it some dimension.
I made the dog from a Quickutz die with lopsided ears, wagging tail, and added "google" eyes - I hope he makes you smile!!
Supplies Used:
Paper:  Basic Grey Max & Whiskers Collection: Toby/Max, Basic Grey Offbeat Collection Peculiar, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection Madison Avenue "Cherish" Pintuck Paper
Collar Die:  Sizzix Belts & Buckles
Stamps:  Papertreyink Thank You Fillable Frame #7, Frame from Fillable Frames #4 
Tag Die:  Papertreyink
Dog Die:  Quickutz
Ribbon:  Paper Studio Ribbon Trends Dog Paw
Ink:  Momento Rhubarb Stalk, Ranger/Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink 

1 comment:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Jeanne your card is wonderful I love everything about it! And your pup is precious, I understand about leaving her with someone who loves her as much as you do. We feel the same way about our Maxine :)