Tuesday, August 22, 2023

My Creative Scrapbook August Main Kit



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a great way to treat yourself I hope you consider trying a subscription to one of the My Creative Scrapbook monthly kits. They select the pattern paper and lots of coordinating supplies and deliver it straight to your front door so all you have to focus on is MAKING! Every month they have several kits to choose from.. their Main Kit, LE - Limited Edition, Creative Kit and Album Kit - so you can choose what's right for you!


This time I'm working with the August Main Kit. This kit includes die cuts, chipboard stickers, stencil and premium 12" papers from the Simple Stories The Little Things Collection. There are also some papers and frames and die cut pieces from the Echo Park Day In The Life No. 2 Collection. This kit also includes a stamp set so you can personalize your projects.
I love the color scheme of this kit - primary shades of red, yellow and blue are absolutely gorgeous. The prints include florals, plaids, dots, and lots more. There is even a sheet of tags for other projects.
I'm primarily a card maker so the first thing I do is cut the papers down to 6" squares. I flip half of them face up, and the other half face down so I can see the prints on BOTH sides. This gives me lots of choices for mixing and matching prints.
The 12" sheet of journaling elements and 3x4" SN@P! cards make perfect focal points for the designs. Lots of them have colorful solid frames that help break up the prints on the papers.
All of the sentiments in the collection are positive and inspirational to celebrate today and make the most of the NOW. They make me want to find the beauty in the ordinary of every day.
I love the images that have a "homespun" feel, especially the fruits, jams and kettles that remind me of time spent around the kitchen table. I used the checkered and plaid prints to make table cloths to set the table scene.
These cards were made with everything that you see in the kit photo. The only things I've added are the card bases, solid cardstock (for background mats), enamel dots, adhesives and envelopes.
I invite you to join one of their monthly kit clubs and experience the possibilities that their coordinated kits offer. With plenty of innovative materials and ideas to jump start your imagination, preserving your memories and making cards will be effortless and enjoyable.





All cards finished size 4.25 x 5.5"
My Creative Scrapbook August 2023 Main Kit
Includes Simple Stories The Little Things Collection 12" Papers, Chipboard and Bits & Pieces, Echo Park Day In The Life No. 2 12" Papers and Frames & Tags Die Cuts

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

You always create such pretty cards with kits, Jeanne! These are wonderful!