Thursday, September 1, 2022

Fusion Card Challenge - Pinwheels


Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge! It's a great place to play and you'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!
I'm typically drawn to the inspiration photo.. the inspiration photo this time is called Pinwheels. I spy gold, grey and navy pinwheels that reminded me of foldable fans.. If you're not loving the photo, don't forget.. there are other ways to play along!

1. The inspiration photo
2. The sketch
3. Color challenge
4. Fuse them all together (you clever one!)

It's your choice, but I sure hope that you choose to play!
I couldn't get foldable fans out of my head so I took it that direction... I cut the Tutti Designs Fan Background die twice. My cut machine is getting older so the technique was easy.. one die cut all the way through and one still together in one piece. If you have a newer machine you can keep all the pieces together by adding packing tape to the back of your cardstock before you cut your die.
I colored the panel that is held together with Copic markers in shades of blue, yellow and grey. You don't have to be too careful coloring because you're going to cover your work with the clean cut die. I wanted lots of sparkle so I spread some Glitz glitter gel over the colored panel before I added the clean cut die.
A sparkly Big Hello Sugar Script is cut from navy glitter paper and a hot foil "sending hugs" sentiment from Poppystamps Modest Greetings is added just underneath.
Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret the inspiration photo OR the sketch. Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.


I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! It's a great place to play and make new friends! I'm always inspired by the team as well as the linked up designs!



Dies | Birch Press Design Big Hello Sugar Script, Tutti Designs Fan Background
Foil | Poppystamps Modest Greetings One
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System

Tutti = Tutti Designs
BPD = Birch Press Design
SSS = Simon says Stamp
Poppy = Poppystamps
SCB = Scrapbook dot com
SPB = Spellbinders
Fan Background
Fan Background
Shop at:
Tutti
Big Hello Sugar Script
Big Hello Sugar Script
Shop at:
BPD | SSS
Modest Greetings One
Modest Greetings One
Shop at:
Poppy | SSS
Polished Brass Foil
Polished Brass Foil
Shop at:
SCB | SSS | SPB
Glimmer Hot Foil System
Glimmer Hot Foil System
Shop at:
SCB | SSS | SPB
Glitz Glitter Gel
Glitz Glitter Gel
Shop at:
SSS

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Genius idea to use fans! They make for such a gorgeous background!

Lisa Elton said...

This is filled with sparkle and lots of fun!

Kim S said...

I love how you were inspired! It's gorgeous with all of the glitter!

Tristan said...

How awesome is the cover plate die. So bright and beautiful.