Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Flowers For Mom


Today I'm sharing a card I made for my MOM! Mother's Day sort of crept up on me this year.. I didn't realize it was this weekend until I was at the post office yesterday and the postal worker who handled my transaction wished me a "Happy Mother's Day"! I appreciated the reminder because there was still time to make a pretty card for my Mom!

I reached for some older favorites from my stash - The Pretty Pink Posh MOM and Mother's Day stamp sets. I replaced the "O" in "MOM" with a pretty vase of florals.
The background is blended Distress Oxide in Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry. To keep it fresh I used a NEW stencil - the Floral Background with some Gina K. Iridescent Glitter Gel. My gel was a little dried out but I found out that you can mix in some Hand Sanitizer to loosen it up.
I scattered some butterflies and some Flamingo Pink Jewels to add some color and shine. I know my Mom is going to love all the sparkle on this card.
I'm linking up at Shopping our Stash Weekly challenge because I used everything from my stash today. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Mother's Day, Mom
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Mother's Day, Mom
Stencil | Pretty Pink Posh Floral Background
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Flamingo Pink
Gink K. Glitz Glitter Gel Irridescent


PPP = Pretty Pink Posh
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Mother's Day
Mother's Day

PPP
Mother's Day Die
Mother's Day Die

PPP
Mom
Mom

PPP | SSS
Mom
Mom

PPP | SSS
Flamingo Pink Jewels
Flamingo Pink Jewels

PPP | SSS
Floral Background
Floral Background

PPP | SSS
Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel
Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel

SSS

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the vase of flowers for the O! This is cute, Jeanne!

dj said...

Beautiful....I just love the floral MOM image!! This creation is sure to bring a smile! Way to go shopping your stash…a fantastic card for that special lady in your life!! Thanks for playing along with our “What a difference you made” challenge over at SOS.

SmilynStef said...

gorgeous ink blending ... love the glittery touches ... so very glad you joined our *What a Difference You Made* Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

lauren bergold said...

Such an amazingly gorgeous and detailed piece of word art and you've colored it to perfection; Plus that blended inky background is outstanding as well! Thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!