Sunday, May 22, 2022

Brilliant Geraniums


Hello dear friends! I hope you're having a great day! I'm so excited about the latest release from Poppystamps! It's got beautiful flowers, butterflies and YES!!! Foiling Dies!

The new Brilliant Geraniums are beautiful. They're one of the first flowers we can plant here in the Midwest because they can tolerate the cooler spring night temperatures. I love that they last through the summer - looking so patriotic in pops of bright red on the front porch!

I cut the flowers and foliage from colored cardstock. To add some coloration to the leaves I used markers and just scribbled a zig zag in the center of each. Because I cut the leaves from different shades of cardstock I used a darker shade of maker to add the detail to each.

I arranged the flowers and leaves on a panel of clear cardstock the size of my card front to help me decide what to put where before I commit and adhere them in place. I like that I can slide different backgrounds under the clear panel to get a "preview" of the finished card.

The card base is a beautiful Penelope Pinpoint Frame layered over pink cardstock - it reminds me of a garden trellis. The leaves are adhered flat to the card base while the flowers are adhered with adhesive foam tape to add dimension.
The sentiment is the Luscious Script Hello cut three times from white cardstock and stacked so it's thick like chipboard. The smaller foil sentiment completes the sentiment. The foil sentiment is from the Modest Greetings set that includes six phrases and one die to cut them with. There are two sets of the Modest Greetings Sentiments with phrases for a variety of occasions.

The finishing touch is bitty Fairy Jewels added to the flower centers and some larger Green Christmas Fairy Crystals added like dewdrops to the background.

I hope you're having a great day and find some time to admire the pretty blooms that are showing up everywhere this time of year.



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Poppystamps Brilliant Geraniums, Luscious Script Hello, Penelope Pinpoint Frame
Foil | Poppystamps Modest Greetings 2
Gems | Memory Box Christmas Fairy Jewels, Christmas Fairy Crystals

POPPY = Poppystamps
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Brilliant Geraniums
Brilliant Geraniums

POPPY | SSS
Modest Greetings 2
Modest Greetings 2

POPPY | SSS
Luscious Script Hello
Luscious Script Hello

POPPY | SSS
Penelope Pinpoint Frame
Penelope Pinpoint Frame

POPPY | SSS
Fairy Jewels
Fairy Jewels

SSS
Christmas Fairy Crystals
Christmas Fairy Crystals

SSS

No comments: