Monday, October 25, 2021

Waffle Flower Crafts Oversized Hope


Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month? It's time to schedule your mammogram or remind someone you care about that may have forgotten. I missed my mammogram last year because of Covid. I thought it might be better to stay home and let the medical care professionals look after those who might need more immediate assistance. This year I'm getting back to taking care of me with eye exams, dental, and a small surgery. If your medical plan is a little lacking usually you can get a discount on your mammogram in October too!
I'm sharing this card of hope today as a special message of love to someone who might be going through a bad time. Troubles always seem lighter when you know you're not facing them alone.
I've had a few scares over the years.. and more than one biopsy - often keeping my problems to myself. Telling myself that it's going to be ok, but still scared to answer that my chart notification when it shows up.
This card is made with the Waffle Flower Lacy Ovals set. I die cut them in bright colors and stacked them one on top of the other. The finishing touch is a sentiment double cut in gold glitter and white.. and Oversized Hope word die and sentiment.

I tucked a few pieces of Greenery under the layer - it breaks up all that color and draws your attention back to the sentiment.
I'm linking up at Daring Cardmakers who want to remind you that the world is a better place with you in it! Go get your mammogram - if not for yourself, for all of us who love you!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Stamps | Waffle Flower Oversized Hope
Dies | Waffle Flower Oversized Hope, Lacy Ovals, Greenery

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Oversized Hope
Oversized Hope
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Lacy Ovals
Lacy Ovals
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Greenery
Greenery
Shop at:
WFL | SSS

4 comments:

Kim S said...

You are so right. The card will be very meaningful with it's bright color combo and message of hope. I love how the white leaves pop.

Lisa Elton said...

Well said, Jeanne. This is wonderfully cheerful and uplifting. Very pretty!

Angelnorth said...

The white elements are perfect with the strong colours, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Daring Cardmakers this week, stay well!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I love everything about this card, Jeanne. The bright colors are amazing and I love the glittered underlayer of the sentiment die as well.