Thursday, October 14, 2021

Fusion Card Challenge - Thankful

Hi friends! I hope you're having a great day! If you're looking for a new challenge you'll find another winner at Fusion Card Challenge . You'll love this challenge because there are three ways to play.. you can play along with the sketch, be inspired by the photo, or FUSE them together and play with BOTH!


This one is called PUMPKIN MUGS - and I spy some enamel cups in orange, blue and white surrounded by some white pumpkins.. a mint pumpkin and a cozy fire. You can take this challenge in lots of directions.. how about some pumpkin spice latte? or how about that fire? If you're not inspired by the inspiration photo you're welcome to play along with the sketch. And.... if you're feeling really clever you can FUSE them together. This time I'm inspired by those pumpkins, the colors and the sentiments on the mugs.

I went searching for some pumpkins and remembered these from Pretty Pink Posh. Next I set the scene with a background of aqua blue created with a Stitched Duo die with a zig zag Stitched Border.

I inked the pumpkins with distress ink for some shadow, and added some mint leaves to pickup on that mint pumpkin in the background of the photo. A bitty scallop circle becomes a doily (like the furry rug in the foreground of the photo) and a simple script sentiment takes center stage (like the sentiments on the cups).

I couldn't resist a colorful background of oranges, reds and yellows like beautiful fall leaves. I cut several stitched borders, taped them together on their reverse side and then trimmed the panel to fit my card front. If you love the stacked borders from Pretty Pink Posh like me - try cutting several at one time. Some wax paper between the die and the cardstock makes them easy to peel out of the die, and you'll have several saved for future projects in loads of different colors after a while.
Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see how you interpret the inspiration photo OR the sketch. Maybe you need a little more inspiration? Check out designs from the rest of the team. Just click on their names below to jump to their blogs.

I hope I see you at Fusion Card Challenge! It's a great place to play and make new friends! I'm always inspired by the team as well as the linked up designs!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Woodland Thanks
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Foliage, Stitched Borders 2, Stitched Borders 1, Stitched Duo, Woodland Thanks, Christmas Circles

PPP = Pretty Pink Posh
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Woodland Thanks
Woodland Thanks

PPP | SSS
Woodland Thanks
Woodland Thanks

PPP | SSS
Stitched Foliage
Stitched Foliage

PPP
Small Stitched Foliage
Small Stitched Foliage

PPP | SSS
Stitched Borders 3
Stitched Borders 3

PPP | SSS
Stitched Borders 1
Stitched Borders 1

PPP | SSS
Stitched Duo Two
Stitched Duo Two

PPP | SSS

6 comments:

Tristan said...

How fun and bright is your card Jeanne. Love it.

Lisa Elton said...

This just makes me happy!

Linda Callahan said...

Bright and beautiful! Loving all the stitching!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh I love this, so bright and bold and all the stitching is fantastic. Cx

Cindy Beach said...

Oh! I thought I was so done with fall but your gorgeous colorful card brought me inspiration and a huge smile today! No one does color like you do, Jeanne, love it!

Ida said...

So cheery and bright. Love the use of the dies.

I accidentally missed the deadline for the challenge but am sharing a link to my cards anyway:

https://faithartistry.blogspot.com/2021/10/fushion-challenge-pumpkin-mugs-and.html