Saturday, February 3, 2018

Pretty Little Studio - Love Note

Are you getting ready for the big game? I'm not much into sports, and I'm so glad I lucked out and that I'm not the hostess with the mostest this weekend! I expect DH will be headed out to watch the game with friends and I'm happy for a little quiet time to do some crafting. I've got some Valentine's I want to make for some special people in my life. There are lots of great collections in the Pretty Little Studio Shop to choose from. One you might not normally reach for is called Potpourri
This collection has a soft pastel watercolor look - think pinks, yellows, and purple with a pop of orange, blue and green. There are patterns that replicate nature - leaves, raindrops, acorns, but there's also wonderful pastel hearts, speech bubbles and florals. 
The base of my design is a journaling card with the word "love" from the Back to School pack of 6. Peeking from underneath is a 4" Cambridge Doily.
I topped the journalling card with colorful flowers, leaves, and hearts from the Family Branch die cut pack. The hand painted watercolor look is dreamy. The black die cut hearts add drama because of their stark contrast with the soft watercolor. 
I love the value of this paper pack and it's ability to be used for several occasions. I'm still reaching for these papers while Fall is months behind us.

Have a great weekend!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products
Paper | Potpourri Collection
Die Cuts | Family Branch
Journaling | Back to School 3x4"
Stickers | So Much Beauty
Doily | 4" Cambridge Doily
Sequins | Fuchia

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely card. I really like the watercolor effect!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Jeanne!