Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tuesday Throwdown - Garden Dreaming

I feel like I've been running all day today.. finally a few hours to sit down and relax. For me that means making something! I find it very relaxing to color - it helps my mind escape to beautiful places. Today I'm playing along at Tuesday Throwdown.. and no excuses because the theme this time is Anything Goes! So you can work with whatever makes you happy!   Today I'm dreaming of my garden.   Here's what I made! 

I love the latest release from Pretty Pink Posh! I think the new Hummingbird Friends are heavenly! I inked mine in Memento and colored them with Copic Markers. 
The set has three different hummingbirds and this pretty "Many Thanks" sentiment. I love the mixed font - one word in a bold type, the other in a hand written script. 
The new Pretty Petunias make the perfect setting for these little birds. This card has me longing for summer when I can spend time outside and watch real hummingbirds in action! 
I added a soft distress ink in Shaded Lilac along the left margin of the card to add some depth and shadow. Some sequins in Orchid match my coloring perfectly! 
I hope you find some time to make today too!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Hummingbird Friends, Pretty Petunias
Dies | Pretty Pink Posh Hummingbird Friends, Pretty Petunias
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Orchid 4 mm, 6 mm


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Jeanne, this is marvelous!!