Thursday, July 27, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches - Thanks

I hope you're having a great day!  It's hot and humid here.  I got out to walk  the dog in the morning and just barely beat the rain.  Now it's just hot and muggy and over cast.  It's a great sort of day to stay indoors and just be lazy!  I'm doing a little crafting because that's my favorite thing to do when I'm relaxing.  

Are you looking for a challenge to play today?   I'm really enjoying Freshly Made Sketches!  I love working with a sketch!  This one would make a very pretty clean card with pattern paper!   I used it more of a background to embellish with pretty florals from the Reverse Confetti Whole Lotta Thanks stamp set. 
I started with a background of pretty papers from the Reverse Confetti 6" Pattern Play paper pad.  It's got lots of papers for any occasion.  I selected two prints in yellow.  I was originally going to stamp my sentiment on the pattern paper - that's why the lighter side is on bottom.

I put a Double Edge Scallop border right down the middle to divide the papers.  I topped that with a wreath die cut and flowers in blue and yellow to match the papers.


I decided to add a Thanks word die cut instead of stamping a sentiment.  I cut it from a darker shade of yellow to help balance all the floral embellishments at the top of the design.

The finishing touch is always a little bling!  Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh are always the perfect topping!

See you tomorrow with more designs to share!


Finished SIze 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Whole Lotta Thanks
Dies | Reverse Confetti Wreath, Whole Lotta Thanks Double Edge Sallop Border, Hello and Thanks
Pattern Paper | Reverse Confetti Paper Play 6"
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear 

6 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

This is beautiful! I love every detail! The wreath is so delicate to frame your gorgeous blooms! XX

Lisa Elton said...

I like your cheerful sunny colors! This is a marvelous card Jeanne!

Linda Callahan said...

This is a summer delight! Beautoful colors.....beautiful card! Love the sweet flowers! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Sharron said...

Beautiful mix of elements, Jeanne! Your creative use of the scalloped die cut and delicate wreath is so lovely!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just beautiful! I love the bright yellow background and that pretty wreath and flowers. So cheery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

This is beautiful, Jeanne! Gorgeous patterns and gorgeous colors! Great take on the sketch.