Friday, April 7, 2017

TYI#69 Fur Baby Tag!

Are you a pet lover like me? If you're answer is yes then you're going to love the latest challenge at Tag You're It! Check out this cute tag from our Featured Artist Joyce Mehrberg from Cards-by-the-Sea blog! It's so clean and simple too! Just two stamps, a tag die cut or rounded corners, and a big foofy bow! I love the repeated pink in the stamping and the pom pom, but my little fur baby was saying.. hey what about me!?

I originally went looking for a cat stamp, but the only ones I found in my stash were for Halloween.... or were they?  I remembered that I recently picked up the Mama Elephant Origami set, and now that I look at it I think most of the animals in the set can be either cats OR dogs.

Don't tell Miss Moriko that!  I originally bought the set because I though that the stamp I used today looked ALOT like her.. pointy ears, curly tail.. here.. take a look at my girlie and tell me what you think.. is that her or not?

This was taken over the summer.. I need more pictures of her.. she's been neglected! 

Moriko is Japanese so I switched the colors to purple and cherry blossom.  I couldn't find a cool pom pom like Joyce used, so a big flower and some Twinery Lilac twine for my show stopper.
I can think of lots of occasions I would use this.. a little thank you for the vet, or for someone who might be watching Moriko while we're away.  That message is from Mama Elephant Tiny Ninjas.   I don't think anyone needs a translation, dogs are pretty easy to read!   I stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers.

That stitched tag die cut is from Pretty Pink Posh.  I love the stitched edges!

Ready to play? Head on over to the Tag You're It Challenge page and link up your design! There's some cool samples for you to check out too!



Stamps | Mama Elephant Origami, Tiny Ninjas
Die | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo Three
Twinery Lilac Twine

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is that big purple bloom!! This is terrific Jeanne. You pup (the real one!!) is a beauty!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Hi Jeanne! I love your sweet tag! I'm a cat person, so my first thought is kitty, but you are right, that fabulous origami stamp does look like Ms. Moriko! What a beautiful dag! Thanks for some fun inspiration today!
Take care!
Michele

Jen W. said...

Morino is gorgeous! I love her fabulous curly tail! Is she an Akita?
Your tag is super sweet and you're right - the origami critters are really versatile.

Kara Lynne said...

So much to love about your tag, Jeanne! Yes, that image does resemble Miss Moriko! i love the coloring and that gorgeous flower!

Sharron said...

Very clever use for the origami image. I think it works great as Moriko! Your tag is so sweet, love the purple!

Joyce said...

Wow, your pup has gotten big! She is gorgeous. I'll bet she can't walk down the street without being stopped and admired. Love your tag and that fabulous flower--and the purple is a real show stopper. I love seeing how you were inspired by my tag.

Vickie Z said...

Cute pic and tag!,

Marybeth said...

Moriko is beautiful and I know how much you love her! Your tag is darling too! How fun to have that image !

Pat said...

Pretty tag. Definitely looks like your beautiful dog, Moriko!
Pat G.