Sunday, April 30, 2017

The 12 Kits of Occasions - Hello Friend!

It's the last day of April! You know what that means right? It's time for The 12 Kits of Occasions! The 12 Kits is a group of 12 friends who all love to paper craft. Every month we take turns providing a kit for the rest of the group. On the last day of the month we reveal what we made with the kit and share our designs. It's fun to see how our designs are the same or very different!   
Our hostess this time is Sharron Gregory - you can find her blog On Papillon Wings here. Our theme this time is Hello Friend.

Sharron is a nature lover and I think this kit represents her well!  She's a gardener with a generous heart.  She's been a very good friend to me and I think the world of her! 

Here's a little peek at the kit she put together for us!


See what I mean?  I see lots of birds, animals, and lots of wonderful sentiments.  The bird cages and cats were gold embossed.. the kit had sequins and gems for sparkle, and pretty pattern paper.

I made 5 cards!   I almost had 6 cards.. I really loved the girls in the raincoats, but I blew it with the coloring.  I used Spectrum Noir pens and didn't like how they looked when I was done.... Ok. without further ado... 

Want to see more cards made with this fun kit? Head on over to The 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where you'll find a sample and link to each of the designers playing along today! You might just win yourself a kit to join us too! 





All cards finished size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Mama Elephant Honey Bunny | MFT Purrfect Friends |Stamping Bella Marmalade the Kitty Stuffie, I'll Always Have Your Back
Dies | Poppystamps Scribble Flower Circle, Spellbinder Succulent Garden

17 comments:

Karen said...

It's so much fun to hop around and see what everyone has created with the same kit. I love your watercolored background. It made such a cheerful card with that beautiful white flowered frame surrounding the kitty. The sentiment on the last card is just perfect for those two cute bunnies!

I Card Everyone said...

Layers, and layers, of loveliness, Jeanne!!! Sorry to hear about those geared-up-rain-girls ... I'm betting they were better than you give yourself credit for! LOve them all and am always amazed by your creative eye... xx
=]

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

These are such pretty cards. I love the idea of having a crafty group that exchanges kits!! So much fun :)
Hugs
preeti

Birgit said...

Oh Jeanne, your cacti card is so vibrant and cheerful~ I love it!! And the background on your kitty card is fabulous as well. Perfectly water colored! I wish I had half your skills for water coloring. As always, I love the way you layer your cards. So much texture and eye candy. You are a creative genius!! What a fun, fun kit from Sharron this month!

McStamper said...

Always enjoy your blog and what great cards today. The kitty with bird and the smile kitty are adorable. Love all the card designs and wonderful color choices.

Kim Heggins said...

Five simply fabulous cards Miss Jeanne...love your last two cards the most, the way you used those images is just adorable. So happy I still have those to play with.

Julia Aston said...

Wow - what a fun kit if you created these wonderful cards with it!! Julia xx

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE your cards!!! The backgrounds is so pretty on the cat card and I loved that you left some of your images white. I also adore your layering. Great design!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love how bright, happy and cheerful you made all of your cards Jeanne! The cacti one is especially fun and I like the background for the cat and birdcage. Fabulous job with Sharron's kit!

Marybeth said...

Oh Jeanne,these are all layered so beautifully as only you can do!!!!!!! Love the cat with the birdcage what a fun idea and looks like they were made for each other! You are amazing just like these cards!

Katy said...

Just beautiful cards. Love the background papers; they are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Sharron said...

Goodness Jeanne, I LOVE them all! Wonderful design with the succulents, the embossed panel at the bottom looks great. Your watercolored backgrounds are always the best, so just perfect for the kitty and birdcage. Fabulous backgrounds with the S.B. kitty and elephants too. I really love the colors with the elephants, the yellow looks gorgeous! And your bunnies are just as sweet as can be!

Marcia Hill said...

I don't know how I missed your page when I was commenting on Sunday, but I am SO glad I came back to take a look...LOVING all of your cards! Your colorful cacti card is amazing and I'm totally in love with your water colored background card with the cat and bird...stunning! Loved your elephant card too where you only colored the flower...that gorgeous flower really pops! Fun and lovely cards Jeanne...so glad I got to play along with all of you!! :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne I love that I can live patterned paper vicRiously through you! You have a wonderful ability to make them look like they are meant to be together. So many gorgeous cards, I do really like the orange watercoloured background with the cat, so cool! The two Stamping Bella cards are so sweet, I still need to use mine but I have inspiration from you! Thank you. As usual you rocked the kit!

Michelle said...

As always, an A-MAZING blend of pattern, color and texture! Love, love it all, but especially the beautifully water colored 'i'll be he here' card!!

Nancy Penir said...

I just love that we always bring 'us' to these cards. Each one has 'Jeanne' all over! Gorgeous, fun layers of bold bright colors, love them all! So sorry about the rain gear kids, been there...

Lindsey said...

Seriously, Jeanne, how do you do it? You amaze me every time! I'm loving your cat card with the awesome and beautiful watercolor background. Your potted succulents are so awesome that I want to buy a pot of succulents just like it to put in my house. And I think I may be the only one who didn't pair the little ellies with that fabulous black and white paper, which is such a winning combo. Live what you've gone here!