Friday, March 10, 2017

Tag You're It - Butterfly Hugs

I hope you're having a great day!   It's so windy here in Northwest Indiana.  This is one of those years where March rolls in like a lion - and I tell you.. she's roaring loudly.  The whole house is creaking and the power has gone out a few times this week - making me crazy since I work on a desktop computer.  Another reason to look into a lap top.. but I can't part with my big keyboard even larger screen.

 A new challenge begins today at Tag You're It Challenge!  Check out this pretty tag from our Featured Artist Marion Vagg from Made Marion Blog!

Lots to love here with a textured background in soft aqua and a bright bold bloom with a pretty gem center!    You can focus on any of the elements you like to create a tag that's all you!  

I keyed in on the soft background switching mine to yellow.  I replaced the red bloom with a pretty butterfly.
I double cut the foliage and layered them on top of each other.  Instead of stenciling a textured background I layered my tag.  The front tag in yellow has a die cut pattern letting the backer tag in white show through.  
All the dies on my design are from Poppystamps (you can get the links below).  I glittered up the butterfly using a technique I found here on YouTube from Memory Box and Poppy Creator Dave Brethauer. 
Need a little more inspiration?  Head on over to the Tag You're It Challenge blog where you can find examples from our design team and you can link up your own design! 




Dies | Poppystamps Stitched Tunnel Tags, Tunnel Tags, Dream Butterfly Tulisa Collage, Montery Vine (retired), Annaleigh Tag Decorations
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins
May Arts Button Twine Natural





5 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love love LOVE this tag! That's a perfect combination of colors, and I love the little glitter on the butterfly. Very fun!

Becca Cruger said...

I feel ya with the wind. We just got over a 3-day windstorm with winds gusting up to 60 mph! And is FREEZING! Luckily, I have bright and cheery designs like this sweet little tag you made to warm me up! So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous butterfly, love this!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love that sparkly ombre butterfly!!

Marion said...

LOVE it!