Thursday, February 16, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge - Tea Time

I hope you're having a great day.. maybe getting a little stressed out?  How about a little crafty break?   I know it helps me escape if only for a little while.   A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge!  

Remember it's Fusion so you can work with the sketch or the photo.. and if you want to be clever, you can fuse them both together.  I was smitten with that yummy photo.. the pretty stacked cups.. the pink and white together and the pretty hearts.
I just recently found Catherine Scanlon Stamps.  I saw this pretty Stacked stamp and it was love at first sight! I embossed it in gold on watercolor paper and colored it with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  They had the perfect rose color I was looking for in the 32 color palate. 
I'm still learning some of the "tricks" of watercoloring - like adding more ink for shadows and definition and painted this probably 3 times before I was happy with it.   My advice.. don't give up.. good things come to those who wait.
The "Tea Time" sentiment is from Altnew's Vintage Teacup and the "Lovely" word die is from Concord & 9th Wonderful Words.
I double cut the "lovely" word die in gold foil and gold glitter paper and added some god sequins to accent the gold embossing of the stamp.


Now it's your turn! Need a little more inspiration? The design team has you covered.. just click on the names below to hop to their blogs...


We sure hope you'll join us at Fusion Card Challenge


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Catherine Scanlon Stacked | Altenew Vintage Tea Cup
Dies | Concord&9th Wonderful Words
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh Gold



6 comments:

McStamper said...

What a wonderful card. Love the image and your coloring is awesome.

Tracey McNeely said...

The embossed gold and watercoloured tea cups are so pretty Jeanne! LOVE!

Linda Callahan said...

It's all about that gold embossing~beautiful stack of cups!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful card!!

Karren said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and yur watercoloring is fabulous!

Robyn Oliver said...

Beautiful stack of cups Jeanne, love how you've coloured them with the gold embossing