Thursday, March 26, 2015

Fusion - Cupcake

 A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge!  Oh and I think you're going to like this one!  Check out that yummy looking cupcake with the white non pareil sprinkles!  YUM!  Of course you don't have to work from the photo.. this is Fusion after all... you can work with the sketch if you are so inclined.  And if you are really feeling clever?  You can FUSE the sketch and the photo together... SMOOSH!  LOL!  Me?  Put a cup cake in front of me and I'm not going to say no!  LOL!    If you lucky you have a DH to bring you your favoirite from the bakery as a surpirse now and then!  (Thanks sweetie!)


I was  happy I got to play with some new goodies for this one.  I loved the little cake pedestal from Papertrey Ink - but my practical side wouldn't let me buy the stamps.   I wasn't sure I really needed another little cup cake set when I really like the one I have from WPlus9.  I thought I'd see if they would look ok before investing in a new set.  So what do you think?  Not too shabby right? 
I love this stitched frame die too.  I wanted to add a little color though so I colored in the leaves and stem with Copic markers.  I used two shades of yellow on the leaves, and three shades on the stem. 

To make it a little more fun I cut the center from the frame with a razor knife to create a shaker.  Yep.. little white pearls are packed in there along with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. 

Want to see what the rest of the team made?  Hop on over to Fusion Card Challenge to see all their projects and to link up your own creation!  I can't wait to see your scrumptious designs! 











Supplies:   Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Sweets & Treats
Dies:  Papertrey Ink
Copic, Memento Tuxedo Black
SequinsPretty Pink Posh 
Beads
Pin Dritz

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun shaker design Jeanne! your card is like bright sunshine! It cheered me right up as today is cloudy and rainy here!

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE this amazing bright pop of yellow! Beautiful card!

Marybeth said...

That cupcake is perfect on the cake stand! I can almost smell the beautiful lemon just by looking at this delicious card! Perfection! Yum!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Eeek! I love this card! So perfect with the border, cake stand, beautifully colored cupcake, and...wait for it...pearls and sequins, wow!!

Joyce said...

Love this beautiful cupcake and shaker card. Great idea to color that embossed background. I need to try that sometime.

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet shaker!

Kara said...

sooo cute!

Sharron said...

Sweet shaker design and I love all the yellow! The little cake stand is precious!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is so stunning, I love the vines around it and the pin and flag in the cupcake!