Monday, March 23, 2015

Cute Easter Cottage

I really enjoyed seeing all the Cute Cottage projects from the Poppystamps design team, and friends who linked up in the gallery for the challenge.   I thought I'd give it a try myself.  I decided to make a "Cute Easter Cottage".  I used the Halloween Roof and Porch set to give my house a "cookie cutter" look.  I had to make only one minor adjustment... I trimmed the spider web design from the peak of the roof. 
Easter-House-CU4
I had lots of fun adding different embellishments to my design.  The bird is from the Serendipity Bird Frame, and the clouds from the High Flying Kites set.   The little heart window boxes are from the Love Cottage Roof set. 
Easter House CU3
Of course I had to have a couple of cute little bunnies delivering a basket of colorful eggs to the front door. A little metallic pearl made the perfect door knob.
I attached a few of the elements with adhesive foam tape to add more dimension. I took this angled photograph so you could see them better.

Did you notice the Pine Tree Border in the background? All the little details make this so much fun!
I hope you're playing along with our challenge this month. It's called "Through My Window". You can link up projects featuring windows, what you see thorough your window, or a die cut window card - like shaker or a frame. We'd love to see your designs and you might just win a prize too! Here's a link to the challenge on the Poppystamps blog!

Wishing you a beautiful day!









Products:  Cardstock & Poppystamps Dies




10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is so beautiful I love your cottage scene you really did an outstanding creative job. I just love how you used the dies. Those bunny's are so cute!! Just one super fabulous card. YOU so ROCK!!

Deepti said...

Oh wow! What a lovely scene :)

Donna said...

Lovely Easter card, Jeanne.
Great minds obviously think alike. I've almost finished an Easter window card for the challenge - complete with Easter bunnies, too :)
I especially like the detail in your window box feature.

Nancy Penir said...

Well, I'm jealous I can't move in! Details are a delight!
Sweet bird on chimney, flowers in the window box, eggs in the basket, LOVE it all! Super darling cottage, Jeanne!

Julia Aston said...

Love this Jeanne! what a lovely scene - great dies!

Tracey McNeely said...

An absolutely perfect Easter scene that you created here Jeanne! So sweet.

Karen Amidon said...

Oh my, Jeanne, this is just adorable...love it!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh what a sweet card. You have made a lovely scene...with this "happy" card!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is an ADORABLE cottage, Jeanne! I love that it's yellow! And that sweet window box makes me so happy!

Pam Sparks said...

Super cute Easter cottage Jeanne! love it! Spring...wonderful design! TFS!