Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stampin Royalty #160 - Carnation Seed Packet

Was it me saying that it doesn't feel like winter here in the Midwest? Like what the heck was I thinking? It's freezing today! We got a little snow yesterday, not much where I am, but wow the temps are really low and the wind just burns your face when it hits you! Soooo.... I decided to stay home and keep warm! This is what I call baking weather. It just seems right to have the oven going and something baking to make it seem cozy! You know.. think comfort food... pot pies, chocolate chip cookies... feeling warmer yet?

I'm playing along today at Stampin' Royalty!  The challenge this week is Polka Dots!  Who doesn't like polka dots right?  My card has lots of them!  I stamped the seed packet and cut out the little window using a razor.  I stamped the carnation in red ink on some polka dot paper and placed it inside the window using pop dots on the frame to add a little dimension.  The sentiment fits perfectly inside the Spellbinder Ribbon Tags Trio 3 (an older set).    To keep with the gardening theme I added some rough burlap trim and a bitty rake and shovel charm.  I like browsing the jewelry section for little trinkets I can add as embellishments to cards.   They are usually a better quality  than the baubles I find in the scrapbook section.




Thanks for having a look! Keep warm!

Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 5.75" x 5.75"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Vintage Garden Seed Packet
Dies: Spellbinder Ribbon Tag Trio 3, Classic Rectangles
Paper: October Afternoon Sidewalks and Modern Homemaker Collections, Cream dot graph paper is from Basic Grey Basics Collection.
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy
Charms Bliss Beads Charms
7/8" Red Satin Ribbon His & Hers (Hobby Lobby), 1/2" Burlap Natural & Natural Button Twine May Arts (Ribbon Reel)
Brad: Basic Grey
Border Punch: Ek Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace

19 comments:

Kristi said...

Stunning!! Love all the reds and that luscious satin ribbon! Hope you're doing well Jeanne!

Hugs,
Kristi

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Jeanne! Love the seed packet and gorgeous bow!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! The different sized polka dots are just super and I adore that satin bow. I think the tiny spade and fork are the sweetest embellishments. Another stunner!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What an outstanding project. Look at those adorable little gardening tools. Totally amazing!

Peanut said...

How about those darling little gardening tools! Great project, Jeanne. Love it! hugs, Asha

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Jeanne, I love those cute little charms, and the fun plaited twine!

Maria said...

Oh my! Am lovin' this sweet beautiful card, Jeanne! Beautiful color, image, and fabulous little charms...too CUTE! Great addition with burlap and pretty bow! Truly, a fab card...great job!

Vickie Z said...

Be still my heart!! Red everywhere...makes me happy!! Love how you added the touch of kraft- popped up seed packet is fabulous!!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply amazing! I am in love with all the polka dots and that bow, wow! But what really sets your off are those sweet little garden tool charms, Love it!

Sharron said...

Everything about this is fantastic, Jeanne! I don't know what I love the most--the polka dots, the seed packet or those absolutely wonderful embellies! The little spade & fork are particularly adorable!

Marybeth said...

Oh I love this gorgeous red and cream card! Adorable little garden trinkets. Love the burlap and polka dots. This is a happy card! Try and stay warm.

Pam said...

This is so pretty! Love the seed packet and those darling charms!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!! LOVE polka dots :-)

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the reds and those darling charms!

JJ Bolton said...

Gorgeous Jeanne! That lush bow and the teeny charm just puts it over the edge!

I keep meaning to mention that your pics are looking fantastic! You'll have to tell me your "recipe" for such lovely pics of your cards!

Hugs!

Lisa Minckler said...

Holy sweet bag of seeds and charms! Jeanne, could you be ANY more awesome! I looooooooove this!

~Tammy~ said...

G O R G E O U S

I so love this!

Christina said...

The red and cream combo make my heart go pitter patter. Love the seed packet and those teeny charms!

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful! I have been eyeing that seed packet stamp set for a while...I just love what you did with it!