Friday, January 4, 2013

PDCC163 - Frosty Beauty

I hope you had a great holiday - things are getting back to normal here.  My son will be back to school on Monday and we can settle into our normal routine.  We've been staying up way to late every night, and he's been sleeping away his days.  Me?  I'm still up at my normal time - hard to fight with that internal alarm clock!  That's ok - we've enjoyed our holiday - did some shopping, watched lots of movies, and ate way too much junk food!


Today I'm playing along with the Play Date Cafe.  I saw the challenge colors and knew I had to play.  I love this color combination.  I wanted to make something snowy - we haven't had enough to break out the shovels for this year - just a light dusting on the ground and in the air. 
I thought this little snow family would look wonderful inside a snow globe.  I made one by cutting three rings from foam and taping them all together.  I topped the stack with a circle of transparency and cut a frame for the top to finish it off.  I added sequins, "snow", and beads to the inside to make a shaker/snowglobe.
The paper is from two new collections from Basic Grey called Fact (ledger paper, graphs, geometric patterns numbers) and Fiction (flowers and designs) that coordinate together beautifully.  Here's my finished card.

Thanks for stopping by for a look.  I hope you find some time to play!  Maybe I'll see you over at the Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Jeanne

Supplies Used Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Amuse Studio Chill of Winter
Pattern Paper Basic Grey Fact & Fiction Collections
Card Stock:  Stampin Up Baja Breeze, Papertrey Ink:  Vintage Cream
Die Cuts:  Spellbinder Ribbon Banners Large, Petite Scalloped Circles, Banner Basics One
Button:  Favorite Findings
Pearl Pin:  WIld Orchid Crafts

Snow Beads, Gems
5/8" Mesh Aqua Ribbon May Arts (The RIbbon Reel)
Copic Markers
Ink:  Versafine Onxy Black, Momento Tuxedo Black

14 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love the snow globe Jeanne! Fun colors and I love the way you added bling on the trim.
We ate too much as well and I'm still eating!!!!!help!

Lisa Minckler said...

I saw this last night on my phone while laying in bed and it wouldn't let me comment for some reason. Had to come over here this morning and tell you how AWESOME this looks! That sentiment gave me the biggest smile. You always bring out the kid in all of us who follow your blog. Love your work!!
hugs,
Lisa x

Kara said...

adorable!! love the snowmen in that shaker..so cute!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous details on this fabulous card Jeanne, amazing attention to detail as always!

Cathy Weber said...

You know I like snow globes Jeanne...and this one is so pretty and sparkly! I love the banner you used and that is a really cute sentiment...love the font. You added some really neat and interesting touches with the tickets and that border at the bottom with the pearls. I am going to quit commenting on your bows as I say it every single time how gorgeous they are and with such a pretty stick pin too. Very pretty card, another challenge I have to check out!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne, this is so fun! Those sweet little snow people look they are having so much fun in their little globe of a world. Those colors are just amazing together too, so festive and wish I could be in there with them for the party.

Tracey McNeely said...

How sweet is that shaker Jeanne. Those cute snowmen and the colourful snow is just so pretty.

anya said...

LOVE it! What cute snowmen in the shaker, and you used fabulous patterned paper. The perfect balance of colors, too, love the pop of the orange banner! So glad to see you joining us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, chickie! :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the shaker snowmen!! These colors are fa as is your card!! I have to say I felt a little lost this am without my WMS fix!! We just got back from Rensselaer and went thru Indy...they had a little snow!! It was an adventure....well, really an Internet adventure plotting out the trip to miss the weather as much as possible and we certainly didn't drive straight thru on the 26th when the snow was coming down!! Have to tell ya, I was happy to get home to my 50 degree temps! Hope you're having a great start to the New Year and that shoulder is doing okay!!

Kristi said...

Love it Jeanne! I love the little snowmen!

~Tammy~ said...

Jeanne, this is super duper awesome! A winner!!!! Your design is amazing!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a fun little card! Love the cheery colors and adore that orange border along the bottom!

We're slowly getting back to normal too! The staying up late and sleeping all day sounds all too familiar;)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ack! Your card is so cute! I love that it's a shaker, and I love, love what you've done with the colors. Great patterned papers, too! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Sharron said...

Adorable, Jeanne, and so festive looking! Wonderful colors and I love the tickets and cute banner at the bottom. The snowmen in the snow globe are so sweet and I adore that sentiment!!