Friday, January 13, 2023

Candy Hearts

Are you starting your Valentine's Cards? I think any time of year is the right time to say I love you! Valentine's Day always has me thinking of decorating a shoe box to put on my desk to collect Valentines at classroom parties.
I'm also a little sentimental about those candy bracelets and conversation hearts. This card is a nod to those sweet treats.
My card starts with a raspberry panel of cardstock topped with the Waffle Flower Ring Panel cut from white cardstock.
Then I picked through my stash of cardstock scraps and selected soft pastel colors. I laid the scraps on the die and ran it through my machine. I inserted the candy colored pieces inside the openings of the ringed panel.

I cut the Nesting Hearts from pastel shades of colorful cardstock and stacked them together for a rainbow colored focal point. The "love you" sentiment is from the Sentiment Additions set. I love the hand written font!
The finishing touch was a few gold glitter enamel dots I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I'm linking up to Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge where they're looking for Valentines cards. I hope you find some time to play!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Waffle Flower Sentiment Additions
Dies | Waffle Flower Sentiment Additions, Nesting Hearts, Ring Panel

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Sentiment Additions
Sentiment Additions
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Nesting Hearts
Nesting Hearts
Shop at:
WFL | SSS
Ring Panel
Ring Panel
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Love this colorful and oh so cute card!