Friday, July 29, 2022

Sunrise Mountain Thank You

I'm still working on my stenciling and was happy to see the latest challenge at Daring Cardmakers asking us to make something using a stencil.
Layered stencils are absolutely stunning but they really require alot of patience to get things lined up just right. This stencil set is called Sunrise Mountain.

The best tool I've found is Pixie Spray from Thermoweb. It's a light tack adhesive that holds things in place for a crisp clean inked line.. no blurs.
The other thing I've found is that sticky notes are my friend. They're great at covering areas I've already inked keeping my hands from getting inky and making a mess.
Finally patience. If you have to use the same stencil twice and it gets washed in between make sure you wait for it to dry. Even a few waterdrops will make a mess of the work you've already done.

It's a bit of work sometimes on a layered stencil like this but WOW! So worth the effort!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stencil | Waffle Flower Sunrise Mountain
Dies | Waffle Flower Oversized Thank You
Enamel Dots | Waffle Flower JJ's Rainbow

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp

Oversized Thank You Print
Oversized Thank You Print
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Sunrise Mountain
Sunrise Mountain
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
JJ's Rainbow
JJ's Rainbow
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Pixie Spray
Pixie Spray
Shop at:
SCB | SSS

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So vibrant and fabulous! Great card, Jeanne!

Handmade by Natty said...

Amazing card! I really had to do a double-take that this was created with stencils. So neat and clean! Love the colours you've used and how everything just pops even more with the extra dimension. :D I so wish we could get Pixie Spray in the UK, maybe one day it'll get stocked over here as I have some really detailed stencils that would really benefit from it. :) Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week. x