Tuesday, July 13, 2021

You're my Rainbow on a Cloudy Day


Thanks for stopping by! It's another rainy day here in Northwest Indiana - another great day to stay inside and get things done! Today I'm playing along at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where they're looking for "the lazy days of summer".
My card today is really easy peasy because it features the Happy Rainbow die. This is a scene die that takes up the whole card. I cut the die from aqua card stock and then cut the panel again with a large stitched rectangle.
I inlaid all the pieces of the rainbow background. A simple tip is to cut the rainbow lines and insert them back into the die, tape them together on their reverse side and then inlay them in the card.
I felt like the card was too flat so to add some dimension I cut a few extra trees and clouds and adhered them with adhesive foam tape.

The Labelmaker Sentiment series from Waffle Flower is quickly becoming one of m favorites. It's one great big stamp and the dies cut ALL of the stamped sentiments with one pass through your die cut machine.
  
I'm so happy for my crafty therapy today. Now I have sunshine on a cloudy day! Just like the sentiment on my card!



Finished Size: 5.5 Square
Stamps | Waffle Flower Label Maker Rainbows
Dies | Waffle Flower Label Maker Rainbows, Happy Rainbow, Nesting Stitched Squares

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
Happy Rainbow
Happy Rainbow
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Label Maker Rainbows
Label Maker Rainbows
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Nesting Stitched Squares
Nesting Stitched Squares
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE those fun palms and now I am regretting not getting the label maker dies. CUTE card design.

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute scene! I like the depth the layered palm trees add!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute!