Monday, June 18, 2018

A Blog Named Hero - Summertime Fun!

I'm posting on A Blog Named Hero today! Our latest monthly challenge started on the 15th and this is the theme this time! 
There's lots of different ways to interpret this challenge. I don't think Summer would be complete without a trip to the beach. I live in the Chicago area and am so lucky to be able to visit the Indiana Dunes whenever I please! There's nothing like splashing in the waves to cool you down on a hot summer day!
I love the Color Layering dies from Hero Arts and am always reaching for them. For this card I mixed two sets together. The Seahorse needed some seaweed to cling on to so I added some from the Color Layering Goldfish set. 
The coordinating die cut set makes creating a scene a breeze. I arranged my die cut images on a YUPO panel that I colored with alcohol inks. Nothing compares to the bright bold color! 
The sentiment from the Color Layering Seahorses is stamped on a simple flag. 
I added seashells and starfish to the ocean floor. I think the more details you add the more realistic the scene.
I hope you will join me at A Blog Named Hero! I can't wait to see your vision of the challenge and how you enjoy Summertime Fun!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Hero Arts Color Layering Seahorse, Goldfish
Dies | Color Layering Seahorse, Goldfish


Color Layering Seahorse
Color Layering Seahorse

HERO | SBK
Color Layering Seahorse Die
Color Layering Seahorse Die

HERO | SBK
Color Layering Goldfish
Color Layering Goldfish

HERO | SBK
Color Layering Goldfish Die
Color Layering Goldfish Die

HERO | SBK

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Jeanne and so refreshing with this heat we're having!