Friday, January 20, 2017

Tupelo Designs - Let's Chat!


Happy Friday! I hope you're having a good day and counting down to the weekend! I've been busy all morning making soup! I always thought that was an easy meal to make until I started cooking myself. Seriously lots of chopping and peeling... but now that its simmering away I have a little quiet time to make make make!

I'm posting for Tupelo Designs LLC today. They're my favorite craft store! And if you've been thinking of purchasing something I sure hope you check them out before the end of the month because it's their birthday.. and they have some gifts for YOU!

You get a free desk calendar ($15 value) and a free Ranger mini ink blending tool ($3 value) with every order. You get a free stamp ($15 value) with every order over $20.17. Fre gifts with purchase will ship separately in late January.

They're also having a Valentines day sale (up to 40% off). Click on Valentines under the shop menu at the store.

Today I'm sharing two cards made with the Concord & 9th Let's Chat Stamp Set.  It took me a bit to find the perfect color "coffee" for my cup, and probably even a little longer to figure out how to get that creamy heart to stand out  and get the attention it deserves.

I stamped the coffee in Memento Rich Cocoa and then dusted the whole thing with anti static powder.  then I embossed it with Wow Vanilla White.  I think I'm going to invest in the Ultra White embossing powder because this had a bit of a yellow tinge to it. 
So what was so hard about the creamy heart?  Originally I tried stamping the coffee with a white pigment ink.  This looked "ok" but didn't make a big impression.. it looked faded.
This card has a background of pattern paper from American Crafts called Shimelle Starshine. My second card has a striped watercolor background.  First I painted wide stripes using Ranger Spun Sugar Distress Ink, and thin stripes (applied after the light pink stripes were dry) of Worn Lipstick. 
I cut the panel with Avery Elle's Wonky Stitches - I love the little detail they add to the edges, and that the panel is perfectly trimmed for the cover of an A2 (4.25 x 5.5") size card.
I wanted the spoonful of sugar to look a little messy.. like some of it had dropped on the table so I applied glossy accents to the spoon and the background before applying some chunky iridescent glitter.
I painted the stripes with a water brush.  Check out this three pack in the store here.  It's a  3 pack of full size water brushes from Royal Langnickel and they're only $7.00!! 
I stamped the sentiment directly on the watercolor paper (I used Tim Holtz ) it's super white, and thick so I didn't need to tape it down when I painted the stripes.
Ok one more picture!
I hope you find some fun time this weekend to create and express yourself! 




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Concord & 9th Let's Chat
Dies | MFT Stitched Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper | American Crafts Shimelle Starshine

Stamps | Concord & 9th Let's Chat
Dies | Avery Elle Wonky Stitches
Paper | Ranger Tim Holtz Watercolor





5 comments:

Kay Miller said...

These are just darling Jeanne! You did a wonderful job making the cream stand out! Such a cute and clever card!

Lisa Elton said...

These are delightful Jeanne! Love the cute spoons full of sparkle!!

Craftychris said...

Yummy card! xxx

Joyce said...

Hi Jeanne! What a pretty card, and I love that whimsical heart inside the mug. Thanks for the news about the sale, too.

Sharron said...

Such great designs! Love the whimsical cup design and the glitter-filled spoon, such fun!