Thursday, August 13, 2015

Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try - Cool

Well summer is finally here in full swing - it's August so it's hotter than... hmmm.. ok.. my son found the words for me.. hotter than a fire cracker on the 4th of July! LOL! So I had to pull out my Let's Chill stamp set to play along with Reverse Confetti's Sketch For You To Try. This is the set that put RC on my radar! Popsicles are perfect for a hot summer day and really get me thinking back to my childhood. There were four children in my family and I remember fighting over certain flavors like blue raspberry and banana! When they were running low in the freezer we would break them in half (the kind with the double stick - do they still make those?)  What's your favorite flavor?

I decided on orange and raspberry because I'm more into the fruit pops now and the bright colors are so summery.   I remember buying these for the kids on my son's cross country team for a treat after practice.  It didn't take much to win them over!

I cut the Circles and Scallops die into a frame to draw your eye to the Popsicles, and added some black accents - like row of black hears, and the black pattern paper running through the center of the design.   

A sprinkle of flat sequins look like candy confetti!
There is still time to play - a new challenge begins on the first of every month.  You can get the details here.   Thanks for stopping by and keep cool


Finished Size:  4.25 x  5.5"

Stamps:  Reverse Confetti Let's Chill & Companion Die Set
Dies:  Reverse Confetti:  Circles & Scallops, Love Note
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey Prism 12"
May Arts Ivory Button Twine
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh
Heart Gems

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Such a fun card. So bright and cheerful.

cm said...

Your popsicle card is an absolute delight, Jeanne...fresh, colourful and yes, a rife with memories of 'past' popsicle days. My grandfather, a hard-working farmer, always made sure popsicles were in the freezer when we were around. Orange was his favourite; grape, mine! Love being reminded of those long summer days spent on the farm...
Hugs~c

Diane Jaquay said...

Mmmm, yummy Popsicle card, Jeanne! This is the set that put RC on my radar too! I actually won the entire release when this set came out :) My favorite Popsicle flavors were root beer and vanilla!

Sharron said...

You've really captured the feel of summer! Love the bright colors! I remember the popsicles that broke in two--seems it was the only ones we had. It's fun to be reminded of those long ago days!