Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fusion Challenge - Silver Stars


Ready for a new Fusion Challenge? This one is just bling-a-licous! Is that a real word? I don't know but it sure seems to describe this photo pretty well!  Check it out.. glitter dipped jingle bells, silvery tinsel trim, and silver stars!!  Told you!  

Not feeling so blingy?  That's ok you don't have to use the photo inspiration, you can make a card in any color or theme using the sketch!!  

I wanted to mimic lots of elements of the design like 1.) Stars, 2.) glitter dipped jingle bells, 3.) Eyelet lace, 4.) Sheet music Paper, 5. Big red satin bow!


Something about all that silver glitter told me to make this one a Christmas Card.  My favorite little embellishment lately is slipping a button under raised die cuts.  If you look close you can see a cream colored button just under the bottom of the star.  Buttons just make me happy.  Simple pleasures right?
Here's a list of all the dt members with projects today!


I hope you'll join us at Fusion Card Challenge!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5.5 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Seasons of Love Tags, Santa's Coming To Town
Dies:  Spellbinder Stars 5, Nested Pennants, Cheery Lynn Dutch Scallop Square Frame
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Twinery Platinum Twine
5/8" Red Satin
Card Stock:  PTI Ivory, True Black, Recollections Silver Glitter
Mini Lanyard
Sequins, Buttons, Bells, Chunky Glitter

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...so beautiful!

Lisa Minckler said...

Have I died? Is this Heaven? Glitter dipped jingle bells??? Really? Just when I thought the shiny stuff couldn't be more dazzling, they go and "bling-a-licious" me some more!! Your card has such a classy, retro feel to it. I can see sending this to Mr. Sinatra or Ms Rogers. So wonderful :)

Julia Aston said...

Your wonderful red bow really pops on this Jeanne - the sweet little bells at the top are the perfect adornment!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! So vintage and retro! I LOVE it!

Pauline said...

Gab xmas card Jeanne, lovely and sparkly!

Deepti said...

This is beautiful, I love the Lacey look of the frame :)

Kim Heggins said...

This is just amazing Jeanne...I love all your wonderful detail and that bright red bow is the perfect finishing touch!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful star, Jeanne, and a beautiful bow!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous bow and star! Beautiful stamping and music paper! Love this!