Saturday, November 8, 2014

CASology - Sea!

Wow was I ever surprised to see the Cue word this week at CASology - it's Sea!  Since the time change it's getting dark at 4 pm and the weather has turned cold.  I'm trying to think festive thoughts and ma in  full Holiday mode - Thanksgiving and Christmas!  But after a little head scratching I started to think.. hmmmm.... a little seaside holiday???  Well that actually sounds pretty good!  We usually try to make our annual migration to the ocean once a year, so I have lots of fond memories close at hand.   

 
I used this detailed whelk shell for a simple one layer design.   I added some glossy accents smothered in glitter to replicate a little sea foam...  like this little guy just washed up on shore.  I threw in some sequins and "sea" glass beads too!  Of course when I run along these shells at the beach they always have some jabba the hut looking critter living inside and I don't hold on to them too long but the shells are oh so pretty!

I hope you are having a great day - have a little sea side dream on me!  LOL!

Hugs!!




Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Whelk Shell, My Life Is Like
Ink:  Memento Sweet Plum
Card Stock:  PTI Rustic Cream, Royal Velvet
Glass E Beads, Glitter, Sequins

9 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello there Miss Jeanne! You are looking like quite the regular at CASology, so AWESOME! You know I LOVE it! Just look at that sparkling beach! Reminds me of when my Mr and I were on Kauai and went to "glass" beach and the sun was settimg the sparkle was amazing, We sat on that beach for over an hour. Thanks for bringing back to me something so beautiful in your lovely creation! VERY Inspiring! I LOVE it when you join CASology!

I hope you have a SUPER weekend, and your furry kids too!

Joyce said...

Beautifully done, Jeanne. I love that quote and the detailed shell image. Your sequins and glitter are perfect extra touches, while still keeping the card CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Deborah Frings said...

Really pretty! I do like the colours and your "sea foam" is just lovely!

Marybeth said...

love this and I love your beautiful sand!

Kay Miller said...

This is so pretty Jeanne! I love the glitter and sequins!

Meghan said...

Jeanne this shell and the card are just stunning! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Just stunning Jeanne! I love the soft sweet colors you used and the sequins and glitter, placed so perfectly.

Darnell said...

You have me dreaming of being by the sea, Jeanne! I love the sediment and your marvelous "sea glass." I spent hours walking the beach and collecting sea glass with our son when he was little. Thanks for rekindling those memories!! Hugs, Darnell

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful with wonderful wording and the colourful bling really is a lovely touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}